What's new

Dose this site have a value forum ?

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
8,006
Reaction score
899
Golden Thread
0
Location
Location: Undisclosed
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, :hello:

Dose this site have a value forum ? ??? A place to find out how much your treasure is worth. :icon_scratch: I think lots of people get ripped off on the treasure they find and... This would make a good topic. :headbang: I hope we can see it on here soon. :dontknow: If you agree with it or not please post here and maybe we can get a value page. :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D
 
mudswat --as i often say --its worth as little $ as you'll take for it and as much $ as they will give for it --when those two ends cross --thats what its worth at that exact time and place once the "deal" is struck -- two seconds later it could be worth a whole lot more or a good bit less if other person talks "price" on the same item.
 
All ready is. Its called "Whats it worth" I think its located below the everything else board. :thumbsup:
 
No matter what you have it will always be a matter of opinion. It is possible some may get ripped off on their finds, but I bet there's way more that over value them! Sentimental value doesn't add cash value, but a lot of people can't separate the two. For example there are several finds on the banner that if you tried to buy you'd probably have to pay many many times what they're worth..... but that's just because the finder has a connection, not that they are very valuable.
 
Iron Patch said:
No matter what you have it will always be a matter of opinion. It is possible some may get ripped off on their finds, but I bet there's way more that over value them! Sentimental value doesn't add cash value, but a lot of people can't separate the two. For example there are several finds on the banner that if you tried to buy you'd probably have to pay many many times what they're worth..... but that's just because the finder has a connection, not that they are very valuable.

that works both ways.

I Have found Classic head large Cents
with no real Value, Which when asked what I want,
all I could say is "What will you Give ?"

Expecting a $5.00 offer at best

And ended up selling
at $30, $40 apiece
to a guy who threw them
into a shoe box loaded with Colonial
coppers.

He also payed me $1.00 each for copper,brass
and aluminum Religous
charms, Simply because of
the location they came from.
( I think I sold him about 80 at one time)
I think, as he never looked close at them :dontknow:

he would stop by the hunt site once a week
in a Tractor Trailor, walk over to BS & Check out my finds &
buy some.
 
Oh well that solves that problem.... :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Thanks everyone !! :icon_thumleft: :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D
 
Such a place drives me nuts. Usually a bunch of folks posting that think it's worth more than it actually is--and refusing to listen to 10 people in a row that tell them it's worth only what someone will pay.

Arrrrgh.

If I think it's worth a bit, and want to know--then I get a professional appraisal. If it's a coin, bottle, or relic--I look it up online and see what others are selling for.


-Buck
 
BuckleBoy said:
Such a place drives me nuts. Usually a bunch of folks posting that think it's worth more than it actually is--and refusing to listen to 10 people in a row that tell them it's worth only what someone will pay.

Arrrrgh.

If I think it's worth a bit, and want to know--then I get a professional appraisal. If it's a coin, bottle, or relic--I look it up online and see what others are selling for.


-Buck

Best place to value a find is still EBay's
completed listings if there is one or more there.

Because no matter what the Books say
it's rarety or value is,
Unless somone is willing to Buy at that prce, they are
just Numbers in a book.
 
jeff of pa said:
BuckleBoy said:
Such a place drives me nuts. Usually a bunch of folks posting that think it's worth more than it actually is--and refusing to listen to 10 people in a row that tell them it's worth only what someone will pay.

Arrrrgh.

If I think it's worth a bit, and want to know--then I get a professional appraisal. If it's a coin, bottle, or relic--I look it up online and see what others are selling for.


-Buck

Best place to value a find is still EBay's
completed listings if there is one or more there.

Because no matter what the Books say
it's rarety or value is,
Unless somone is willing to Buy at that prce, they are
just Numbers in a book.

Very True.

And other thing--finding out a value takes patience unless you have a professional appraisal done. Sometimes it takes time for there to be a listing on eBay if the item is obscure or rare enough. (Weeks, Months, or Years)

-BB
 
You asked the question, 'Does This Site Have A Value Forum?'

The entire site and its numerous subsections are in fact, a valuable forum... :coffee2:
 
BuckleBoy said:
And other thing--finding out a value takes patience unless you have a professional appraisal done. Sometimes it takes time for there to be a listing on eBay if the item is obscure or rare enough. (Weeks, Months, or Years)

-BB

you only have to watch Antiques Roadshow
or Pawn stars
to know how useless a professional appraisal is.

They are OK For Insurence Purposes
but not for Real Life.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom