What's new

Double Barrel Muzzle Loader, LC and a Relic kind of day

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out on a hunt with Nova Treasure today and hit a site or two of mine and had a pretty decent hunt. We started out on one site and decided to leave due to no finds other than a lantern wick. We decided to leave and go hit another site that was kind to us both. Nova dug a complete skeleton key and some flat buttons. I was headed to the truck to fight off the cows that thought my truck was food or something, as I approached the truck my detector gave a good signal that I had to dig before fighting off the cows. Turned out to be an 1833 LC in fair condition. We dug on for awhile and I dug the iron dog, it will be getting dunked in the tank with the rest of the iron relics I need to work on. And then comes the Double Barrel. Yesterday while running barbed wire here on the farm, I was working along an old fence row. I noticed a piece of iron sticking out of the dirt and thought what is that? I pulled it from the ground and out it popped. I will be swinging around there sometime soon to see if I can find some more of it.
Happy Hunting to all,

HB
 

Attachments

  • 3-13-11 001.webp
    3-13-11 001.webp
    102 KB · Views: 1,298
  • 3-13-11 002.webp
    3-13-11 002.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,260
  • 3-13-11 006.webp
    3-13-11 006.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 3-13-11 003.webp
    3-13-11 003.webp
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 3-13-11 004.webp
    3-13-11 004.webp
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 3-13-11 005.webp
    3-13-11 005.webp
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 3-13-11 008.webp
    3-13-11 008.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 3-13-11 009.webp
    3-13-11 009.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,229
Upvote 0
Nice finds. I like the large cent.
 
Nice Finds !
With Money, Long gun , & the Dog,
Your ready for a day of hunting :thumbsup:
 
You seem to always score big when you hunt! :headbang:
 
sweet hunt!!!!! MR TUFF
 
Might be some good finds right there on your property. :dontknow: Think of the gas you'll save. :D Nice work. That double barrel is a cool piece! Gotta love the big copper.

Go Brigade!
HH!! :hello:
Cm2db
 
I dig that Kentucky treasure. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom