What's new

Double-Barreled finds-- Check-out these pics of a dream hunt

resurector

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
63
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Went back to the old site and made sure I had a whole day to really work this place over.Got there at 8 am and after a short talk with the contractor(I work for him sometimes)and a little brown-nosin--I gave him the trench-lighter and marbles I had dug previously, I saw somemore of the lot and creek bank had been scraped.So I decided to start at the creek bank. Trying to G.B there the ground was full of metal, so I was walking in all-metal to find a place to G.B. and Behold-- a little perfume stickin out the ground.Moving off the bank I GB'ed and started swingin- Two seconds later dug a old Ford key.Diggin it up, I also recover 2 glass buttons and this small area seemed LITTERED with relics! For the next 2 hours I worked a 20'x20' area and found a 45-70 case,old lighter, model T valve-stem cap , buckle,silver monogrammed thing,anchor button, a pendant with 50 on the front, the back has California 63141...10kt, This spot was ON FIRE--Next a Tootsie plane,a hammered cross,solid SS child's spoon and a ivory flower earring, It came outta a pile of dirt from a hole. Speakin of holes-- I had this spot lookin like a war zone, Its the first time I've been able to hunt and not WORRY about coverin up my holes.The owner had assured me I could'nt tear up the lot enough!!It was T.H.'in heaven!! About this time I hear the dozer fire up and its starts makin passes near the bank. I watch and see PILES of car parts, Huge rusted slabs of sheet metal,and just a incredible am out of SCARY stuff being pushed down the bank. Afterwards, I stepped on the new scrape-BOOM!!! SS jump wings in almost mint condition-I was also diggin a LOT of trash, but the frequent finds kept me goin--Next a Daniel Boone lead toy,Forgien Legion pin with the screwback,but the ground quickly filled back with trash as I moved along the bank. Taking some different lines back. Gotta weird clicky,but repeatable signal,after about 10 minutes I was holding a double-barrel shotgun receiver!! I was stoked!! This hunt kept gittin better and better!! Finally, finished this hunt off scanning the dozer tracks thru overgrown areas, and found a broken pair of marked 18kt eye-glass frames!! Last but not least a saloon token says Golden Gate Salloon, Eureka Ca.--Was this a Dream!!?? Seemed too good to be true!? Never in 12 yrs of MD'in have I encountered a site like this.Sure I guess... I'll be back---note: Had to give up the jumpwings to the owner,he had been in WWII, as a grunt. When he caught me cleaning all my finds. He flipped out over the wings and offered me $20 bucks for them. I handed them to him and said " thanks for lettin me hunt,and would these allow me to hunt the rest of the site??He replied "Hell yes and the next one of my job site you wish!!!" I was truly filled with a pleasant thought--He's happy, I'm happy and relics were brought home.--------------------Detecting Nirvana at its best----
 

Attachments

  • find t.webp
    find t.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 751
  • finds dt.webp
    finds dt.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 738
  • wings.webp
    wings.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 730
  • perfume.webp
    perfume.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 724
  • kiss.webp
    kiss.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 726
Upvote 0
That is just too awesome! Thanks for sharing such a great site and finds. HH and good luck on the next hunt, Mike
 
i hope its like this in heaven............SUPERB !!..................gldhntr
 
That was one nice day of diggin,what a mix of nice finds.I would be taken a secound day off and hit it again.WOW.
 
Now that's my kind of treasure! I love finding artifacts like this. Each item piques my imagination and has me wondering for days, who lost this, what were they like, where are they now, how did this get there?, etc., etc. I have a coffee can full of "treasures" similar to this and really enjoy getting them out and looking at them from time to time. I/you should probably make a display case for them. Very interesting! JIM
 
WoW!

Excellent finds!

Sounds like a lotta fun!

HH

Lonewolfe

PS

so those are Model T valve stems!?

I know a site where I found "countless" #s of those - I got tired of digging them because they were every where, and I thought they were like screw driver handles or something! lol

I'll be going back there soon now since I know what they are!
 
WOW,I am full of awe.It must kill you not to be there every single daylight hour,it would me. Oh the thoughts these things bring to mind. WTG!!!
 
:o WOW!!!! :o Bet you were stoked!, thats a great buncha finds and I bet thats just the beginning!
 
Holy cow! That's awesome! Good hunting there! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
 
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) -diggummup
 
WOW!!! Just reading about your finds makes me feel good. Just think about all the things that are still there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom