Dousing...really?...

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Greendredge,

You could not locate the gold hidden in a room, because that is a poor place to dowse for anything. You get powerfull signals from electric cables in the walls, plumbing under the floor, appliances, etc.

Take that gold outside where the area is free from signal interference, and have your wife bury it, in an area where you can walk freely and balance the rods. Now go find it!

I played "hide and seek" where a friend hid a vial of gold nuggets out in a field. He panicked when he was out there with me, as he had forgotten where he hid it. I said; "No problem, Bill, its right here", and dug it up for him.

The irony is he still didn't believe I had dowsed it! This is common.

Later on, he would be on his property on the Bear River in Cal, and as he walked up the dirt road, he would look down the hill at a certain spot, and his hair would stand up on the back of his head. This kept happening, then one day he went down the hill to a swale, started digging, and came up with a rich residual deposit of gold and nuggets!

I told him he had dowsed it, and he STILL would not admit that he had! Just a stubborn old man!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
About dowsing;

If you believe you can do it, then most likely you will! If you don't believe you can, then you wont!
It is an act of faith! You must believe, in order to be able to do it.

So the naysayers can't do it, and just assume no one else can, and call it a hoax. That is not intellectually honest, and is not proof it is not real.

Its like believing in God.
Those who deny the existence of God are called atheists.
Those who say they just don't know are called agnostics.

Logically, since no one can prove the existence of God, or dis prove it, the only valid, honest conclusion is that of the agnostics, in that they just don't know, one way or another.

Dowsing is "of the mind", and cannot be easily measured or studied in some sterile science lab, and just being around such negative energy of such folks can mess it up. Dowsers pick up that negative energy from peoples minds.

I suggest that folks willing to try it out learn in the following steps;

a) Try dowsing backyard water pipes first. That is easy, and is physical dowsing, using copper angle rods.
b) Graduate up to dowsing for water signals. Then try to ask for the depth of the water table. Learn proper technique, from an experience dowser, not books.

Dowsing for gold is a whole different technique, and most dowsers do not know the proper technique.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing is something I am familiar with, but have never tried for myself. My interest is peeking though, and yes it is gold I seek. I have a little known area I have pulled some gold from. I am interested to see if by dowsing, I can "hit" any of the areas I've been, and also to see if I can locate the next pocket. Any suggestions are appreciated, I am on a shoe string budget and will probably have to start the metal coat hanger way. I've been watching some of Reed Lukens videos and it has stirred the fire :-)
Thanks guys

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm sure this has been asked before but I tried searching and about a million threads popped up. I apologise if I'm beating a dead horse.
I am on the fence about dousing.
I have read about it and even tried to do it with a gold bar. When I passed over the gold bar my rods would react and I got excited and blown away.
I then had my wife hide the gold without me knowing where it was and I could not locate it in a room.
I then began to believe that dousing is really in my head. Even though I wasnt meaning to I was causing the rods to react with minute movements subconsciously.
I know that there is no scientific evidence to support dousing but the isnt any to debunk it either.
I want to believe in it but my logical side says its superstition.
The only time I saw dousing in person was from a nutty old woman that never finds anything which does not help the case for dousing in my eyes.
Is there a way to see it for myself and form an educated opinion?

I totally dont understand map dousing.
I have heard you can map douse on google maps and I invite anyone to make me a believer.
I can provide coordinates/address and am honestly hoping someone will blow my mind but I am sceptical.
goldbar.png

again no offense intended!

I use dowsing rods simply as another tool in my arsenal for locating whatever it is that I seek, I've used them alone as well as in addition to other devices to successfully locate targeted objects while in the field.

Even though I have not personally had any positive results as a map dowser myself, I have found certain targets in the areas where map dowsers have indicated they would be.

GG~

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello GreenDredge,Dowsing has revealed an attraction to a high concentration of placer gold in the areas of the thick white circles and pockets of micron gold in the areas of the thin white circles.Thanks for posting your picture,Jon

Attachments

• gdredgedowsed.jpg
    gdredgedowsed.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 138

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother and I went down to Mel's Museum in Key West and look at everything. We were there because of a contract on the Beale Treasure I had with him in 1989. We were looking to metal detect on the beach for coins from the 1715 fleet. Mel was just moving into Sebastian to open up a new museum and cleaning shop. Taffi, Mel's daughter was guarding everything with a double-barrel shotgun before security had been set-up. Mel handdrawed a map for us of where his recovery ship was off of the beach. I had my dowsing rods with me and decided to try it out. Off to the south of the recovery ship about fifty feet and about 800 feet from shore, I was dowsing either gold and silver. When my brother and I got ready to return home, Mel took us out for a drink of double rum and coke. After feeling light headed from consuming my first alcohol, I put an "X" on Mel's handdrawn map and told him there was either a large amount of gold or silver at that location. This was during Christmas week 1989. Within a few weeks, Mel Fisher sent me a book on sunken ships in the Caribbean and off the east coast of Florida. He autographed the book and said "Thanks Albert for all your help" enclosed was a newspaper article where they recovered a large treasure from the "X" location I had drawn on Mel Fisher's Map. They recovered over $1.3 Million Dollars in gold and yellow diamonds. I still have a copy of the autograph. I don't know if I have the book or sold it. The newspaper article is in all of my research but I have not seen it for over twenty years. But anyway that is one of my dowsing stories with Mel Fisher.
"Mel took us out for a drink of double rum and coke. After feeling light headed from consuming my first alcohol, I put an "X" on Mel's handdrawn map........Within a few weeks, Mel Fisher sent me a book on sunken ships in the Caribbean and off the east coast of Florida. He autographed the book and said "Thanks Albert for all your help" enclosed was a newspaper article where they recovered a large treasure from the "X" location I had drawn on Mel Fisher's Map. They recovered over $1.3 Million Dollars in gold and yellow diamonds. I still have a copy of the autograph. I don't know if I have the book or sold it. The newspaper article is in all of my research but I have not seen it for over twenty years. But anyway that is one of my dowsing stories with Mel Fisher."

I didn't think alcohol could help a person dowse, unless perhaps it was just a small enough amount to relax. :occasion14:

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the state realized it couldn't be done the way the Arkies wanted it. You might ask them in the shipwreck board exactly what has transpired. Apparently enough regulations were put in place to help prevent pirates from looting the wrecks. I saw a recent thread suggesting some more new regulations might be put on the salvors down there in Florida. Didn't have time to check out the story yet, hope the Archies aren't trying to mess things up again.

(Edit: Pope did get a permit once, it was then voided but recently to avoid legal hassels, the state gave him back the salvage permit----only person in 20 years to have the final salvage permit granting rights to recover the wreck.)

Read here....

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/s...eet-off-treasure-coast-fla-2.html#post3914390

Last edited:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the state realized it couldn't be done the way the Arkies wanted it. You might ask them in the shipwreck board exactly what has transpired. Apparently enough regulations were put in place to help prevent pirates from looting the wrecks. I saw a recent thread suggesting some more new regulations might be put on the salvors down there in Florida. Didn't have time to check out the story yet, hope the Archies aren't trying to mess things up again.

Hi Red Desert...
It's been a while since I made contact with you.
Would like for you to dowse a pic for me if you would.
Thanks

landshot (1000x750).jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello goldkey, good to hear from you. Without really giving any thought as to what I need to check for, started getting some kind of hit at the red solid rectangle. The green line box location, something like carved stone, perhaps a marker. The solid white circle close to the green, if caves are in the area, must be what it is but most likely empty. White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and other similar type excavations.

I cropped it down because, there could be more when or if checking the rest of the map.

Attachments

• landshot (1000x750)-goldkeycrop1.jpg
    landshot (1000x750)-goldkeycrop1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi goldkey,
Per your request....
Dowsing revealed an attraction to silver in the area of the blue circle.
Thx for posting your picture.
Jon landshotdowsed.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orange markings or line box for deeper man made gold objects.

Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.

Blue line box for deeper silver targets. Blue circle is to mark areas of loose or surface silver coins/treasure, down to 1-2 feet deep.

Attachments

• landshot (1000x750)-goldkeycrop2.jpg
    landshot (1000x750)-goldkeycrop2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 131

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might add, on the orange box for gold signal, since the signal is deep enough, won't rule out the possibility of it being placer gold. But I'd check first to make sure it isn't man made gold objects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread