Dowsing difficulty

Art and Okiedowser,
Thank you both. You are correct it is very frustrating to be able to physical dowse and not get results map dowsing. Maybe I am one of those you speak of and although I can dowse for water will never be able to map dowse or dowse for artifacts. I will still keep trying though.
I will practice the techniques you speak of and will keep you all posted. So far we have collected one musket ball and a couple small fragments of cast iron from this search. :)

(You are correct it is very frustrating to be able to physical dowse and not get results map dowsing.) Why?

(physical dowsing) that what i do with maps and on spot dowsing, i mental dowse for 25 years,now nothing but physical dowsing, i work with only the signal on the film.....if you can dowse for water you can for Gold to.just have to work at it.

Okiedowser,
The reason I am frustrated about map dowsing is that I do not know how to understand the reactions I get. I dowse for water using a willow branch and luckily for me it is very clear. When the willow branch throbs and bobs I know water is affecting it. It is fun to go to the park or country and find an underground stream and follow its course. I have done this with friends and some of them have learned a little from me about water dowsing. However on a map, I have tried the branch, as well as copper rods and even a Cameron Aurameter. Occasionally the rod will move or the Aurameter will bob or appear to move but it is never consistent. I don't know if it is pointing me to something or away from it.

Hey Jr....When I first started map dowsing I was doing it that way...The rods reacted but I was having trouble marking the spots...So I started using mental Dowsing for maps only..Art

yes i try the rod's on map, by making two line's,to much trouble, to many line's. but i did find a better way to physical dowse a map.

Art,
I must be confused, I assumed mental dowsing was just another name for map dowsing. I will look up mental dowsing and try to learn about it. Any good reading material on the subject?
thank you Art!
mel

No...Most of the dowsers here are mental Dowsers...I am referring to using the rods..When map dowsing I use the mental method and JR uses the physical methods...It all comes down to what method works best for you....Art

Make no mistake, map dowsing is not physical dowsing. A priest once told me "Some people will swear black is white." Map dowsing is mental or more accurately "psychic". Even standing on top of a hot spot and counting to find depth is psychic. And that means the accuracy is in question. And it certainly is.

Here is physical dowsing: You walk along and the rod responds when you cross over or near a target. Now to find depth you walk away from the spot until the rod responds. That distance is the depth. This is physical dowsing. There is no mental/psychic yardstick being used.

Last edited:
~Signal line~
Make no mistake, map dowsing is not physical dowsing. A priest once told me "Some people will swear black is white." Map dowsing is mental or more accurately "psychic".
Are you telling us that a person can not take a gold baited rod and dowse along the edges of a map and mark the edge every time it swings and then connect the marks?
Even standing on top of a hot spot and counting to find depth is psychic. And that means the accuracy is in question. And it certainly is.
Maybe for you
Here is physical dowsing: You walk along and the rod responds when you cross over or near a target.
The rods will cross even if the target is 100’s of yards from you
Now to find depth you walk away from the spot until the rod responds. That distance is the depth. This is physical dowsing. There is no mental/psychic yardstick being used.
This method will work if you a lucky....Art

My biggest beef with map dowsing is no one ever gets any feedback. As matter of fact the only feedback I have ever seen on this forum is of the negative kind. One guy swore a sewing machine was in a cave where he map dowsed. As it turns out the sewing machine was found years before. In another case a guy planted some gold with the IR photos. It's like grasping at straw. If one place isn't right, they immediately put another spot up for grabs. It's almost humorous except for the fact that the people who rely on accurate dowsing and spend time and money trying to locate the treasure are left "holding the bag" like some snipe hunt. You would think with literally thousands of spots marked over the last couple of years someone would just get lucky.

Map dowsing is notoriously inaccurate. It is better classified as ESP.

~Mike~
My biggest beef with map dowsing is no one ever gets any feedback.
Most of the time..Are you a map dowser?
As matter of fact the only feedback I have ever seen on this forum is of the negative kind.
You have not been reading the post then
One
guy swore a sewing machine was in a cave where he map dowsed. As it turns out the sewing machine was found years before.
Has the guy ever went to the cave to see if the stories he heard were true?
In another case a guy planted some gold with the IR photos. It's like grasping at straw. If one place isn't right, they immediately put another spot up for grabs
Gee...were the map dowser in the area?
It's almost humorous except for the fact that the people who rely on accurate dowsing and spend time and money trying to locate the treasure are left "holding the bag" like some snipe hunt.
Did they enjoy the hunt?
Y
ou would think with literally thousands of spots marked over the last couple of years someone would just get lucky.
Some have

Map dowsing is notoriously inaccurate. It is better classified as ESP.
No one is asking you to use that method..Going to the woods...see you Monday...Art

Make no mistake, map dowsing is not physical dowsing. A priest once told me "Some people will swear black is white." Map dowsing is mental or more accurately "psychic". Even standing on top of a hot spot and counting to find depth is psychic. And that means the accuracy is in question. And it certainly is.

Here is physical dowsing: You walk along and the rod responds when you cross over or near a target. Now to find depth you walk away from the spot until the rod responds. That distance is the depth. This is physical dowsing. There is no mental/psychic yardstick being used.

Boy i can see i need to keep my physical dowsing,Out this forum, and use it for my self...i guess i'm to far ahead of time's, maybe someday you will catch up.

Last edited:
If I found something the dowser(s) would know and as far as anyone else I didn't find nothing!!!!

In field dowsing signals are strong from distance on large targets. To give an example, at Crater of Diamonds State park. I came back with my car loaded down with the diamond ore, both the hard enough to slice specimens and the soft weathering. I'll attach a photo of the soft green. After spending a couple days making trips often to the car, extra large black gold pan heaping full.....the main geologists took me in showing me geological maps. A more recent geological survey, they discovered 2 additional diamond pipes were formed during after eruptions. The southern smaller pipe comes into the mine field right exactly the spot I dowsed, giving me all the ore. I had the same spot marked in my map dowsing before the trip. This signal over powered everything else in the area for nearly 300 feet. There was a guy running a barrel sifter, another guy digging for him.....just downhill from me. It was noisy hearing them work, but I had the exact spot marked on my map for their location at home also. Now both locations seemed to over power the others in that area. Map dowsing can locate smaller signals without the interference you get with on site dowsing. But to answer your question about different dowsers, yes what they think a target might be, can be interpreted differently by each dowser.

I'm going to the Crater of Diamonds State park next month. Care to PM me the locations of the other two lamproite pipes?

GG~

The other 2 diamond pipes are still in the hill area. It's more like a vein runs into the mine field at only 1 spot. You will need those coordinates and for the spot the barrel sifter guy was working. Supposedly he finds thousands of raw diamonds, I might have to see that to believe it.

The other 2 diamond pipes are still in the hill area. It's more like a vein runs into the mine field at only 1 spot. You will need those coordinates and for the spot the barrel sifter guy was working. Supposedly he finds thousands of raw diamonds, I might have to see that to believe it.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Of course I still plan on using my rods when I get there as I am no stranger to dowsing for diamonds.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/129046-my-own-test-results.html#post1488684

I should make you a couple maps from GE, soon as get the time.

Any good methods to cancel out interference when dowsing in the field?
Today i felt like my rods were more drawn to a creek than to the potential target. Also in the past I followed my rods for almost half an hour and found myself being led to a cell phone tower.
Any help?

Bring a pan to sample the creek.

Bring a pan to sample the creek.

In the process of getting a permit to dredge the Little Missouri River downstream from the park.
Definitely will bring some pans as well as a batea diamond sieve. Also have a grease belt for use outside the park.

GG~

Any good methods to cancel out interference when dowsing in the field?
Today i felt like my rods were more drawn to a creek than to the potential target. Also in the past I followed my rods for almost half an hour and found myself being led to a cell phone tower.
Any help?

Good luck with that, I still get false signals from overhead power lines and underground pipes and cables, I seem to be getting better at discerning when it's a false signal or when it's the intended target as the years go by.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back