Dowsing sceptics!

X

xupz

aarthrj3811 said:
The definitions above all describe movements that are controlled by an individual, based on his own thoughts and ideas, and not acted upon by an outside force. This is what we mean when we say dowsing is controlled by ideomotor responses, and not some mystical, other-worldly intervention.

I was hoping you would give me that kind of answer. What you are tell me is that if I pick up a set of dowsing rods, they will only move because of an involuntary movements made in response to a though or idea. I agree that there is nothing Mystical or para-normal in Dowsing. You are also saying that the mind can not be trained to ignore these impulses. If I'm not in error there are a lot of Doctors that make their living training peoples minds to ignore though and idea's...Art

According to that site I just found using your faulty dowsing logic, it moves because a demon makes it move. Dowsing is a path to the darkside. Proof: Anakin SkyWalker was good with not only one lightsaber, but TWO lightsabers. If Darth Vadar would have held them out in front of him, he then becomes a dowser. The dowser now went to the darkside of the force. QED

If dowsing does work like you claim, then clearly demons are controlling your actions.

X

xupz

We can be no more positive than to state that dowsing is making contact with the spirit world just as certainly as using the Ouija Board. The spirit world contacted is the world of evil spirits or angels under the leadership of Satan. The Christian who dowses removes himself from the protection of God if he has the least doubt about it or if he has been warned. After all, we do have responsibility toward ourselves. It is pure presumption to suspect or know and yet to try to pray for protection.

Finally, a word or two to the non-Christian or the liberal Christian dowsing addict who has read this far and laughs in ridicule. We say "Stop it!" You are the last one who has the right to ridicule the conservative Christian viewpoint of the occult. Our view of the reality of the unknown is every bit as good as yours, and is certainly more conclusive!

That's some definitive proof right there. Dowsing leads to demon possession from having sold your soul to Satan for the finds you were allowed to find by the demon.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Finally some sound advice...Way to go xupz...goes right along with all your other logic....Art

X

xupz

aarthrj3811 said:
Finally some sound advice...Way to go xupz...goes right along with all your other logic....Art

Exactly what the demon wanted you to say and believe. ;)

D

dowser501

Its amusing to watch grown men squabble like children over something that is tangible and real and is also non existent.
Some-one had a shot at me over my insistence on solar flares being responsible for dowsing.

There has to be something in this dowsing thingo for dowsers to fight like mad to prove its very existence, and there has to be something very elusive about dowsing for non dowsers and sceptics to hammer away hammer and tongs saying “don’t believe it, prove it”

Dowsing is very real and can be used by any one who knows the rules. A poster claimed his daughter dowsed first try on her property. I’ve heard that some persons are naturally loaded with magnetic flux which is responsible for dowsers being able to dowse. The greater the strength of the magnetic flux the stronger the dowsing reception. I met a very attractive female many years ago who could mentally swing a rod around like a yo yo, and I could not at that time obtain a twitch out of the rod.

I am looking forward to January 2007 as the starting of the next 11 year solare flare period. Space scientists and NOAA have just sent up a better equipped and later satellite version to follow the variables of the suns antics.

I will be watching it like a hawk many times a day or night waiting for that big moment when a solar flare commences to bubble away with sufficient strength to reflect magnetic flux off the moon in sufficient strength for me to dowse again. I haven’t been able to dowse for 2 years. We had a small amount of solar flares for 18 months prior and then the flares died down completely as far as dowsing is concerned. There were several large incidents in that period , however the flares occurred on the side of the sun away from earth.

Even Art 3811 mentioned that he had had no luck at dowsing for that six months and felt he had cured his dowsing disability by changing his diet, lifting his heel and washing his hands in salt water. Some individuals have the ability to make others laugh which is a rare commodity. Keep it up. When the dowsing weather recommences in January, I will keep in touch with anyone interested, and inform them when to dowse. There are also many tricks of the trade which must be learnt to avoid disappointment.

Of some interest to some, middle of January 1985 ( 22 years ago= 2x11 years ago) I picked up a pair of rods, thought downwards for metal scraps and I had a clear mental line underground.

So to finish up this posting, you are all correct and all wrong and I will prove it in 6 weeks plus or minus time. Max

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
Yep, xupz, the Star Wars fan, just showed us how foolish his few friends know him to be.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
And those pictures prove absolutely nothing except you pan for gold, a lot. I've never done it before but I've read all you need to do is find black sand or something which is a general indicator of gold being present. I wonder if he expected people to go:

You know nothing about Gold. The easist way to separate flakes of gold from the dirt and gravel is with a gold pan and water. Most gold panners have never located that much gold with just a pan.

We have shot down your numbers game and your Ideomotor thing ...The Occult and Demons...Is that the best you can do?...Art

D

dowser501

I have noticed something weird over the years. My posts never get answered cause I might be right. We have to remember the silent majority, the average wanderer on the net who passes by in his or her millions. Come january a few thousand will be logging in to see if dowsing is feasable. I can assure them that it is.

The rest of you posters I would classify as semi- professional litigants who enjoy a heated debate when you are not familiar with your subject.

Have a good one.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
dowser501....I have been waiting along with you. I want to see if my dowsing changes in any way. The way you dowse works for you. The way I dowse works for me. I was not dowsing in the last cycle so I look forward to the new one. I will try most anything and if it proves to me that it is better way I use it...Art

D

dowser501

Good for you Art. I will keep in touch with you via your private e-mail.We only have 6 weeks roughly to go.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
The definitions above all describe movements that are controlled by an individual, based on his own thoughts and ideas, and not acted upon by an outside force. This is what we mean when we say dowsing is controlled by ideomotor responses, and not some mystical, other-worldly intervention.

I was hoping you would give me that kind of answer. What you are tell me is that if I pick up a set of dowsing rods, they will only move because of an involuntary movements made in response to a though or idea. I agree that there is nothing Mystical or para-normal in Dowsing. You are also saying that the mind can not be trained to ignore these impulses. If I'm not in error there are a lot of Doctors that make their living training peoples minds to ignore though and idea's...Art
So, you know of a doctor that trains people's minds to ignore their own thoughts and ideas? You're doing that already, and I doubt you've paid a dime for the honor.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
dowser501,
So it's not any talent that's responsible for dowsing, or a special instrument, or thoughts, or emotions, but solar flares?

Dowsing is very real and can be used by any one who knows the rules. -dowser501

Have you shared these rules with Art, because he seems to think that it's his diet and salty hands that make the difference. Do you do this, as well? If not, then it must not be in the rule book, huh?

Care to share these rules with the rest of us? I could use a good laugh.

I haven’t been able to dowse for 2 years. - dowser501

Personally, if I was not able to do something for two years, I would pick a new hobby.

D

dowser501

try being a nasty sarcastic sceptic. You would be good at it.

Are you sure your name isnt steve or one of a dozen other aliases?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
So, you know of a doctor that trains people's minds to ignore their own thoughts and ideas? You're doing that already, and I doubt you've paid a dime for the honor.

Twist and spin...I did not say that

You seem to think that because some one has a thought or idea the rods will cross. You seem to think that this movement can not be stopped. Wrong..The mind can be trained to ignore certain thoughts or ideas. People train their minds to do all kinds of tasks every day. You complained about the wind moving your rods. It's simple to train the mind to ignore these movements

I was teaching my grand son to tie some simple knots. I was tying this one knot slowly and it would turn out wrong every time. When I tied it automatically it was right every time. My sub-conscious mind knew how to tie it but I didn't. That was an Ideomotor Response I like.

Have you shared these rules with Art, because he seems to think that it's his diet and salty hands that make the difference. Do you do this, as well? If not, then it must not be in the rule book, huh?

Wrong again....I said " I was having some problems with my Dowsing and tried some diet change and tried washing my hands in salt water". What was wrong with my dowsing-----One of my blood pressure pills had lowered my bodies energy level to almost nothing.

I am sure that every Metal Detector operator use the same settings, searches the same way, uses the same search patterns and uses the same brand of detector. That's funny----right...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
dowser501 said:

If you'd like to accuse me of trolling on this site, please provide proof of my other aliases. When you've failed at that, then continue to fail while dowsing.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

Twist and spin...I did not say that
af1733 wrote: So, you know of a doctor that trains people's minds to ignore their own thoughts and ideas?

Art wrote:
aarthrj3811 said:
If I'm not in error there are a lot of Doctors that make their living training peoples minds to ignore though and idea's...Art
Twist and spin on that, Art.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

You got it dowser501 and may be a couple of others aliases on this thread. He likes to compliment him self...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
This might take awhile....
aarthrj3811 said:
You complained about the wind moving your rods. It's simple to train the mind to ignore these movements
You can dowse and control the weather?!? ::)

aarthrj3811 said:
I was teaching my grand son to tie some simple knots. I was tying this one knot slowly and it would turn out wrong every time. When I tied it automatically it was right every time. My sub-conscious mind knew how to tie it but I didn't. That was an Ideomotor Response I like.

Wrong again....I said " I was having some problems with my Dowsing and tried some diet change and tried washing my hands in salt water". What was wrong with my dowsing-----One of my blood pressure pills had lowered my bodies energy level to almost nothing.
This rest of this garbage is simply uninformed and uneducated mumbo-jumbo.

I'd like to know what medical authority advises washing your hands in salt water to raise your energy level. I imagine most would perscribe exercise. As far an energy goes, you might have had the diet change right. That can increase your physical energy level but, really, how much energy do you need to carry around coat hangers?

And as far as your sub-conscience mind goes, you better go back and read the multiple ideomotor definitions I provided to you. They refer to movements caused by thoughts or ideas. Your knot-tying is a response based on your memory, which is on your conscience level. The reason you had trouble trying the knot slowly is you had tied that knot quickly your whole life once you learned how, and could do it without thinking about it. This does not mean it was your sub-conscience taking over.
I never have to think about taking my keys out of my pocket and unlocking the door and sitting down and starting my car, because I know this process by rote, not because it is my sub-conscience slipping behind the wheel.
aarthrj3811 said:
I am sure that every Metal Detector operator use the same settings, searches the same way, uses the same search patterns and uses the same brand of detector. That's funny----right...Art
Every metal detector is based around the same theory, so a lot of what you said is essentially correct, but you're definitely right about one thing. Certain detectors are arranged differently to search different areas in different conditions, just like your rods.
You know, one set of rods to look foolish at the park, one set of rods to look foolish in a field, one set of rods to look foolish at home....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

You got it dowser501 and may be a couple of others aliases on this thread. He likes to compliment him self...Art
Same goes for you, Art. If you'd like to accuse me of something, either provide evidence or shut your pie-hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread