Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Okay, that could make a difference, then. If you're picking up an odor or a halo-effect, it isn't coming from the gold, but from the amalgam the gold is carried in.

But if you're dowsing for gold, then wouldn't the copper or what-have-you affect the "signal" you recieve from the gold? As a for-instance, if the gold was intertwined with copper, wouldn't you also pick up traces of copper without gold in addition to the copper with the gold?

I mean, since the gold isn't capable on emitting it's own halo, then the signal you're receiving must be from the copper, or other element present with the gold.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I don't have a problem with with trace element. Someone may have a problem but I don't know of anyone...Art

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Art, from my observations...I take it you utilize a external style of dowsing rather then a mentally founded one?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Sandsted.....I use the signals coming from the objects to track them to their hiding places. I work hard to keep the mental aspect from bothering me. I know how to mental dowse but was not happy with my results. For what I look for my methods work for me. It makes no difference how you dowse as long as you can locate what you are seeking. Your methods sound like they work great for you. All these guy's think we are lying to our self's and the rods are finding nothing. If they didn't work they would be in the trash...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
It's called training your mind...I have trained my mind to only allow the rods to close under the right conditions. When I step on a signal line it enters my body. This starts the the response from my body. This can be learned by using a simple frame that holds the rods and makes it impossible for the rods to close by movement of the wrists, arms or the hands. No Ideomotor Effects causing the rods close because of a thought or idea. Simple and easy to do....Art

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
So, you aren't using "mental dowsing" because you are using your mind? That's like saying "I'm not using my feet because I'm walking on them." You are contradicting yourself.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That was my thought, as wel. It's all fine and good to say that you're not using mental dowsing when you're using your rods, but you're still thinking about what you're doing, and the mental aspect comes into play at that point. You have to use your mind, no matter what.

You may think that I don't use my mental facilities to metal detect, but it wouldn't be true. You could say, "Well, the detector is doing all the work," but you'd be wrong. I have to decide where to hunt, and which signals to dig, what search pattern to use, and when to find a new area.

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
No, you fellows don't understand. There are different ways of dowsing. I believe one theory was eletromagnetic fields can move the rods, if they're light enough, and therefore show a reaction. I believe there is testing to show that this happens with underground water. This is physical dowsing, elements outside of the dowser cause the rod to move. I don't understand much of this and don't rely on this. I use mental dowsing, which is something even less understood about the right side of the brain. Other topics up for debate, due to the lack of scientific study concerning these areas, are dreams, intuition, emotions. Like what is the conection between physical movements and music? No one really knows. Anyway, mental dowsing does not rely on any external elements to dowse. The rod is an extention of the hand/wrist. It is the dowser, subconciously, who causes the rod to move.

These are the differences between art and I or physical and mental dowsing.

I know people who only know how to dowse for water and disturbed soil. Also I believe wood and iron...but not quite sure on that. But anyway, these people (most people) only think they can dowse for water and disturbed soil...like recently dug graves or the like. I believe this has something to do with the electromagnetic fields.

The person that I learned to dowse from originally dowsed for four different elements. Water, disturbed soil, wood, and iron. At this time, when he dowsed he just dowsed for any of these four. I believe this was a physical style of dowsing that he was doing. He could differentiate them by what shapes they make. He could tell it was a viking ship by the elliptical shape, a water vein by its long slightly changing course, graves by their rectangular shape and iron again by its shape.

His friend, found that he could dowse for corn and then found that by focusing on the object while dowsing he could identify any object. Thus he made "sensor boards" which were, at this time, literal boards with holes drilled into them so that objects like corn, types of fish, human bone, could be placed in these holes. When dowsing he would carry these boards, if he found a grave and wanted to check to see if it was a human grave, he would slide the rod across the human bone hole and then dowse and he would only get a reaction to human bone.

I believe the rubbing of the rod on the object just re-enforces the focus on the object. One does not need to do this, I found that when first learning it does help to do this, but later all one has to do is focus on the object.

It was discovered later that these same boards could be made on paper by typing (for example) "corn" on the paper and then using a piece of corn or a picture of corn to empower it. Again, I believe this is just a re-enforcement of this focus. There is no magic to this, but it is agreeably that this form of dowsing is much more of a mental activity then the "physical dowsing".

Once it was found that, through this focus, one could dowse for really almost anything there are probably almost 50 sensor boards dealing with different areas from identifying specific types of trees to finding depth of a specimen. And now this style has evolved into a very complex system and is like no other type of dowsing. But they all share one common purpose, all styles of dowsing are a means for acquiring desired information.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well, that's true enough. Doswing is a means for acquiring information.

But with these electromagnetic fields, how does wood generate an electromagnetic field? Or bone? And aren't most dowsing rods made of brass? Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, neither of which is magnetic.

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Okay, I don't know about wood and iron, that's why I said I don't know about these two. I do believe they are apart of the four basic dowsable elements. But I believe water and disturbed soil are the most easily found.

And no, not from my expierience, most rods are not made out of brass. I use brass rods...I have copper rods, rods made from coat hangers, heck I even have a "rod" that I found while working on a mission trip in Tennessee. It's just a branch shaped perfectly like a dowsing rod. But it doesn't work...tried before, it's fairly useless.

Anyway, point being...I don't rely on these electromagnetic fields, if this is what really causes them to turn in cases of physical dowsing (some forms of physical dowsing) so...I can't really answer much for this type of dowsing.

And I didn't say bone gives off an electromagnetic field, if it is a grave, then the soil has been disturbed where it was dug. I don't know how long that has an effect on the eletromagnetic fields around it, but I believe eventually it reaches an equilibrium.

I did, at one time, read an extensive article concerning water movement and the effects it has on things like electromagnetic fields, and there are also studies to suggest that it is unhealthy to sleep above a large water vein. There are also negative energy spots. Cats like to sleep above them, ants build their ant hills over top of them, and it seems in the middle ages people knew about these because it has been recorded that before ever building a castle, house, hospital, or anything of that kind, a skillful dowser would be brought in to check for these negative energy spots to make sure the building is not built over these. I guess there is evidence to show that these can lead to different illnesses.

I'll try to find that again, the building site information was not in that article concerning water...I believe it was in a book, I'll have to check that out.

Anyway, don't sleep over water veins. I did for a while and didn't sleep well and found that I was sleeping over one. So I changed where sleep and now I sleep much better.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You can build a simple instrument from the 1930's that will measure the energy emitted by objects. The cost is just a quart jar, a piece of alum. foil and a tube of liquid rubber. In my test I found that a slice of onion put out more energy than gold. This instrument was called a Radiodynamometer.........Art

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
I can tell the difference between a gold or silver reaction in the rods, compared to that of iron. The reaction to iron is amazing to watch... if you are moving quickly you ( or I ) may miss it, becasue it starts out and continues v e r y S L o w l y and never stops unitll they are almost touching the opposite knuckles. Whereas gold and silver move rather quickly compared to iron.

I have learned the difference by testing, and it took me a while to determine what was causing that s l o w reaction, becasue I was testing with gold and silver, then after a few days I noticed it was doing that as I approached my old 16 foot metal Car trailer.

I can detect 4 grams of gold , but IRON, it has to be almost be a DUMP Truck Size .

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey musstag....That's why I always tell people to practise a lot. The rods react different for each of us. When I am near lead my rods close so hard that it hurts my hands. I don't know why but they sure tell me that it is a lead signal...Art

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
You can build a simple instrument from the 1930's that will measure the energy emitted by objects. The cost is just a quart jar, a piece of alum. foil and a tube of liquid rubber. In my test I found that a slice of onion put out more energy than gold. This instrument was called a Radiodynamometer.........Art

Art, for quite some time you've been touting this experiment as evidence of some sort of mysterious energy emitted by objects. But all you've made is a simple electroscope, and all you are detecting is electric charge. I replicated your experiment and can get similar results. It's just basic physics.

However, what you built is not the classic electroscope I'm familiar with, i.e., the two-leaf variety. So I did a web search, and what you made is called a "versorium." Click here and here for more info on this.

BTW, the versorium was probably the very first instrument ever built for detecting electricity. It was created by William Gilbert in 1600, and he even invented the word "electric".

OK, now we can dispense of your experiment as being any use whatsoever in the debate over dowsing, and dispel the notion once and for all that you are detecting any kind of mystical energies.*

- Carl

*But I expect you will ignore the facts, and continue to make your claims anyway, the same as you always do.

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
I "didn't" think that what you call versorium and dowsing were the same thing..... But Are you saying they are, or that one works and one (dowsing) dosen't? Maybe the reactons are related? Maybe versorium is of some value to understand dowsing!! If versorium can detect an electrical charge maybe a human body can detect whatever "it" is we say we detect..... It MAY BE just basic physics, something so simple thats its overlooked.
Seems I remember some weird experiment in school,... was it an onion that could produce an electrical charge, does anyone remember anything like that?
This was interesting, about water ...
http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/physique/perso/maussion/statelec/PagesEngl/03Water.html
If a charged straw can change the flow of water relative to gravity, maybe water, flowing, trapped underground can cause something else to move....................maybe a begining to understand dowsing... ???

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I call what I used a Radiodynamometer. Thats what Dr. Doppler called it in his paper. It is a forerunner of the electroscope. I don't know if what it read was an electric charge or what. All I know is the 6 objects I tested all emitted something that would turn the alum. foil disk a different amount of degrees. With the disk poined in a north or south direction the disk would only respond to an object place in a east or west direction. If I took a set of rods and walked by the jar the rods would respond. Objects do emit a signal that a set of dowsing rods will respond to.
To me it's a simple fact that objects are not inert and produce a signal as proved by this device. Thanks for the information Carl..Art

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
I call what I used a Radiodynamometer. Thats what Dr. Doppler called it in his paper.

Doppler? He was a respected physicist who discovered the Doppler Effect. I think you mean Paul Dobler, who was a hack. Anyway, you built a versorium, which predates Dobler by over 300 years. Calling it a Radiodynamometer doesn't make it something it is not.

All I know is the 6 objects I tested all emitted something that would turn the alum. foil disk a different amount of degrees.

Yes, it's called "electric charge."

Objects do emit a signal that a set of dowsing rods will respond to.

No, they don't.

To me it's a simple fact that objects are not inert and produce a signal as proved by this device.

You proved that objects have a charge. That is not the same as emitting a signal. Not at all. Like I said, you will ignore the facts, and continue to make claims that simply are not true.

- Carl

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
The home next door to me has a older type high powered transmission line running alongside of a chain link fence. If you open the gate and slowly close the gate and watch as the latch again touches the post, you can see a spark. I told this to the Electrical supervisor, He said thats common, that he has seen a long roll of fencing strung out parallel to a regular power line that a farmer used to power a lite bulb for his barn from that roll of wire. An electrical charge can travel through the air, and a signal travels through the air, and Both can be detected.

So for you to say that an electrical charge and a signal is not at all the same, is false. Ignore the facts? Whose facts? What you think to be Fact may simply not be true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread