Dowsing test

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
In case you still don't get it, the point I'm making here is that you don't know how much gold the average cubic foot of soil contains in your area, only in the spots you dowse. How do you know for sure that the holes you dowse don't contain the exact same amount of gold at the spot right next to it that you didn't dowse?

Gee AF....How do you know for sure that the holes you dowse don't contain the exact same amount of gold at the spot right next to it that you didn't dowse? I don't think there is a person in the world that could answer that question. The only way to be sure would be to dig the whole area. A big waste of time and money...Why do you think it's called treasure hunting?....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
In case you still don't get it, the point I'm making here is that you don't know how much gold the average cubic foot of soil contains in your area, only in the spots you dowse. How do you know for sure that the holes you dowse don't contain the exact same amount of gold at the spot right next to it that you didn't dowse?

Gee AF....How do you know for sure that the holes you dowse don't contain the exact same amount of gold at the spot right next to it that you didn't dowse? I don't think there is a person in the world that could answer that question. The only way to be sure would be to dig the whole area. A big waste of time and money...Why do you think it's called treasure hunting?....Art
Wow, Art. I went to pains to make this as clear as possible and you still missed the point. My condolences...

I'm asking if you've ever tried to dig a non-dowsed hole to see how much gold is in that cubic foot of dirt. I'll repeat it differently... :(....
Is there a chance there might be gold in places than where you dig in your gold field?

Anyone else out there having trouble figuring out what I'm asking? ???

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have dug a lot of test holes to find if there was gold in the area. Why...To see if it was worth bring my equipment to that area. That was before I learned to Dowse. Now there is not a bunch of hit and miss guess work. Why don't you dig a 100 holes and I will dig 20 holes and compare the amount of gold we find?...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
AND THE TRUTH.....shall set you free.....

Art, answer me this.

Why did you dig test holes? To see if there was gold in the area, of course.
And there was gold in the area, so you brought your other gold processing equipment to the site to retrieve your gold.

Then you discovered dowsing. Now you dowse a spot, then dig it up and process the dirt through your processing equipment to retrieve the gold.

So, you brought your rods to a known gold producing area, and BAM! You're a successful dowser....

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey AF....Your profile gives your location as New Mexico. Your state has a lot of known gold producing areas. I would like to see the photo's of the placer gold that you have found by guessing where it was found. Heck..with all your knowledge of gold I would like to see photo's of any placer gold you found with any of the tools that locate gold. ..Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Given the fact that I hunt parks, schools and homesites, locations where placer gold is not readily available, I can't fulfill your request. Would you like some pics of my of metal detected gold jewelry?
As soon as I do begin to hunt areas where placer gold can be found, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, is this all you can really come up with as a response to my revelation about yourself?

Oh, and I'm also curious. How much of the gold in your pictures came from hunts before the dowsing, and from after? And don't you find it ironic that the exact type of gold that you used to process without dowsing is the exact kind you find with dowsing? Makes one wonder...

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Af, art said that he uses the rod to check to see if there is gold in a new area. Not dig to see if there's gold then use dowsing on it.

ANd af, the test I'm speaking of took random people. They weren't dowsers...they handed them a rod and told em to go at it. There were some average dowsers there also, and some veteran dowsers. The "veteran" dowsers did very well. The point of this was to see if there was any variance in success.

If it is just guessing and chance, then there should be no difference between these different groups of people (nondowsers, average dowsers and experts). Yet there was a difference. I found the article again, it wasn't the report of the test that said "a talen bestowed upon few". It was a commentor on the subject saying that from the evidence of the test "he believes" that it is a talent bestowed upon few...whatever.

Anyway, I didn't say that only few could dowse. Anybody can, my aunt tried to learn years ago with no success. And now last summer she attended some work we did with habitation sites near Kensington and was able to dowse some. Course, she doesn't walk so well any longer so she couldn't do it for very long. But she COULD dowse...this is the point. She, before this, believed only few could do it.

Also, when you compile all the data from that test I spoke of, dowsing faired better then chance guessing. But the test results are not meant to all be slammed together. It is a sectional test with a large mass of people.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
As soon as I do begin to hunt areas where placer gold can be found, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, is this all you can really come up with as a response to my revelation about yourself?

Oh, and I'm also curious. How much of the gold in your pictures came from hunts before the dowsing, and from after? And don't you find it ironic that the exact type of gold that you used to process without dowsing is the exact kind you find with dowsing? Makes one wonder...

I knew how you would respond. Your knowledge of how to find gold and where one may find it is very poor. I know you have been giving all the prospectors and others who look for gold a great laugh. I had to quit diving in 1998 or I would still be dredging. That is the best way to find gold. Now I use the second best way to locate placer gold. All your revelations are about yourself. You must think that everyone cheats or you could not think that way. Placer gold that comes out of the water and placer gold found on dry land have one thing in common. Almost all of it got to where it is found one way...being moved by water....Read some books before you try telling people how to locate gold...Maybe they will not laugh so hard...Art

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I don't know anything about gold...Are you saying that there is no placer gold where af is?

There was a time when all the land was covered by water, and for hundreds of years, maybe a couple thousand, the ocean levels were very high. This is why there are ships in the middle of North America.

A while back I read an interesting thing. Greenland in it's center is actually about 480 feet below sea level, due to the ice resting above it. The weight of the ice has pushed the land farther and farther down.

The interesting thing is that, due to the massive amount of ice on this island, if you were to melt that, if all the ice on greenland where suddenly dumped into the ocean, the water level of the whole earth would go up 20 ft. Just greenland.

Anyway, where is it that you are in art?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Sandsted...What I'm telling AF is that if he wants prove his dig a hole theroy he can try it. If he lives in New Mexico like he states there is a lot of known gold areas around. I just moved from Northern California to Nevada just below Reno. I don't use my rods to make money. All they have to do is pay my expenses. This was a tough year as I went in the hole about @$5000 looking for big caches. It took a lot of fun out of seeking placer gold the last few months tring to break even for the year.

I read a book about the Sacramento Valley. It said that it has 200 miles of dirt on the bedrock. The first 12 feet are thought to be gold. That would put the gold 150 feet below sea level ...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Sandsted...What I'm telling AF is that if he wants prove his dig a hole theroy he can try it. If he lives in New Mexico like he states there is a lot of known gold areas around. I just moved from Northern California to Nevada just below Reno. I don't use my rods to make money. All they have to do is pay my expenses. This was a tough year as I went in the hole about @$5000 looking for big caches. It took a lot of fun out of seeking placer gold the last few months tring to break even for the year.

I read a book about the Sacramento Valley. It said that it has 200 miles of dirt on the bedrock. The first 12 feet are thought to be gold. That would put the gold 150 feet below sea level ...Art
Wait a minute.
You're in the hole 5K for the year?
So you've lost $5000 dollars searching for caches with your rods this year?
The same rods that work as well as you say they do?
You've just taken all the fun out of trying to disprove dowsing.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
There a lot of land outside your local area. Do you think that someone would hide gold bars so they would be easy to find?//Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
There a lot of land outside your local area. Do you think that someone would hide gold bars so they would be easy to find?//Art
I can't tell if this is a response to an earlier post or an attempt to convince yourself that it was $5,000 that was well spent.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Af....I will let you decide if it was worth the money...Spending 10 days in nice Motels with my wife instead of long nights in the back of my pick-up. Eating two meals a day in nice cafes instead of dry sandwiches and chips. My only regret was paying $4 plus for gasoline. I am sure my Tax Man will help me lot as he has a very smart pencil....Art

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
This is an example of non-dowsers and dowsers not understanding each other because of something that dowsers know, or are learning. Placer gold shallow enough to be found with a MD can be found with a banned object or gold in water but not deep in the muddy bottom and recently lost gold (such as jewerly) can be found, but what is called LTB's, such as coin caches give most banned object fits, and can only get you close to the spot, not at the spot as can be done with placer gold. Coin caches are usually buried deep. The LTB's are not vented to the atmosphere as are placer gold that can be found. LTB's cause colloid reflections that may be a few feet off or 1/4 mile off.
This could be the reason of Art's success with placer gold and his loss with Long time buried coin caches.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey SWR...Gold has a halo that comes to the surface at a 45 degree angle as do most other objects. Gold produces a signal that can be followed with a set of L-rods. When placer gold is dug there is alway's an odor that is present. By the way....It does not alway's come out of the ground in it's best looking form. It needs to be cleaned. It also will grow dull over time. Just a few things you should know about placer gold....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Art,
Is the gold you're digging not pure? I mean, it looks very clean in the pictures you've posted but, like SWR said, gold is inert, and does not corrode in any way that would leave a halo or odor. Do you have to process the gold out of copper or some other almagam?

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
If we want to learn something, there are 2 things that dowsers know and others need to understand that dowser will talk based on these 2 things.. All metal is detectable straight up and at a 45 dgree angle. Some mental dowsers may not go along with the 45 degrees. If we all realize that dowsers will be using these facts when they post, then maybe discussions can lead to some interesting discoveries. Smell, I have not mined Placer nuggets, so I will take Artr's word on that at this time.

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Musstag, how the rod reacts to gold in the ground depends on your focus or how you dowse. You could have the rod react 40 feet in front of you. Perhaps you are in line yet 40 feet behind the object you desire, you could have the rod react. I don't think you would want to do this, but it can be done.

One, sort of, example of this is how many water dowsers (using a branch) have the rod react before they get to the water. When it first starts to pull, the distance from that point, to the point where the branch is at its fullest pull is calculated to be the approximate depth of the water.

I don't like doing this because I know of better ways to find the depth of the water.

Anyway, I don't dowse for gold. I don't have any knowledge concerning a halo around gold or any smell it may emit. So...I will not respond to questions concerning these topics.

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
Having just post the 45 degree signal, It occurred to me that I have heaed other MD'ers and I too have expierecned that in that last hour before sunset, the MD targets seem to really ring out bolder than earlier in the day.... Have any of you noticed that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread