What's new

Draped Bust Half Cent

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my second half cent since Sunday. This time in the cornfield
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    182.1 KB · Views: 147
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    140.6 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 40
A great coin you dug there.
 
Great find !! Congrats and HH
 
Wow that's fabulous! Don't see a lot of those, so two back to back is pretty sweet.
 
Very nice find and congrats
 
Congrats! Never seen one of those yet! Visible bust, too. -Lisa & John
 
wow, and you dug two of these, how awesome! i would be VERY happy with one. i went to a field last weekend in williamsburg, virginia. random field on top of a hill, so figured would be good. nothing but beer cans. glad to see someone is hitting some old coins! :icon_thumleft:
 
Great find. I'd be happy with only one.
 
Sadly this field has a hunting lease and they do not want me in there at all:(. Hopefully I can get back in in February
 
Nice looking half cent.. Another tough coin to find. if it would have come out of one of these corn fields around here, 9 out of 10 times she would be pretty much a blank. Nice one.
 
Nice looking half cent.. Another tough coin to find. if it would have come out of one of these corn fields around here, 9 out of 10 times she would be pretty much a blank. Nice one.

Yesterdays LC and tonights HC both look to have been dropped early on. This site is turning out to be older than I thought and kind to old copper as well. Previous oldest coin was a 1863 IHP. I just wish I could find a good field like this one that doesnt have a hunting lease on it. My seated field is the same way
 
Last edited:
Not a common find at all! In 3 1/2 years of detecting, I've found 9 large cents, but never found a half cent.
 
That's a nice one

I love finding them. There hard to come by.

HH Jer
 
Killer Toasty killer!

You are on a roll, congrats.
 
I see the date. 1804. Awesome find
 
Congrats! Awesome (double) find!

I hope to find one someday!
 
Nice coin find! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom