What's new

Dream roll/dream envelope

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Not much to show for the day except two Rosies, a war nickel and some strange gold-colored coin I found with the dimes. I decided to try a bank I had not gone into before and ask for halves. Nearly all male tellers there and I am thinking there's no way I'll get anything but I press onward. The young guy before me says they have six rolls and disappears into the vault. He comes back to apologize as they only have five and ten bucks in loose ones. He pours the loose ones onto the counter and all I see is silver (16 90% and 4 40%). He then makes a comment about their old appearance and asks if I still want them. As calmly as possible I say sure, what the heck. I grab the five other rolls and my dimes and take off to the car. Four of the rolls look pretty modern but I open the one that says "KD 1967" and it delivers as promised. The other four rolls all skunked but who cares. It's nice to finish the week on a high note.

Good luck everyone, OWS
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0964.webp
    IMG_0964.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0
Great percentages there!! Was definitely worth the stop.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Nice job brother. I love when you see that they are silver before they even folk them over. Today at lunch i got $6 in loose and 6 of the 12 coins were 40s. I could see the silver as they counted them out. great feeling.
 
"all i've got is these really old dirty ones, you still want them?"

awe shucks, well since i'm here :laughing9: i guess i'll take those really old dirty ones too.
 
That comment about them being old- you sure you want them, really makes me think what was in (teller) his mind if anything at all and I lean toward if anything at all myself.
 
I was hoping for one like that on my road trip but I did alright.

Golden Silver
 
The same thing happened to a friend of mine once. "I only have three old worn out ones". 1917 18 and 19 walkers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom