Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sucks that this has pushed the hearing for injunctive relief back to 8/27/13. We rather use a sluice anyways than a gravel transfer system .

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
It our time to win one. All we need is one judge to rule on the facts. It may not be a long term fix, but injuctive relief gets dredgers back into the water, and then we see how they like the stall game for four years:laughing7:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
We will never win until enough are ready to get together and figure out how to fight this. Problem I see is to OTR's is being surrounded by authorities and them confiscating vehicles and dredges. Civil disobedience is what is needed, but how to go about this is another matter. It has to have enough dredgers or miners that support it to have any effect. Remember , we are on the left coast. We can't and won't win in courts. It just ain't going to happen. Look at prop. 8 in CA. We all want to do the right thing and I applaud all efforts in the legal aspect of writing and e-mails. Either we figure how to take this to the next level or watch the rust build up on your dredge.
This is not about dredging or the environment, It is about jealousy, pure and simple. Some see a dredge in the water and know that they are individuals that are not controlled by a boss. This is one of the most pure forms of freedom I can think of that can be profitable. What in the hell is wrong with that?. 47 million people on some sort of public assistance in this country. The gov. is taking over the health care system, 1/6th of the economy. So what should we do???

Last edited:

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Armchair! Boooooom! Bullseye. Us prospectors are VERY disorganized, thousands roam the hills without even knowing their fights are being challenged! How can us prospectors band together? Good question, but if there was a petition with hundreds of thousands of signatures it would make the ballot!! As armchair said its not about dredging or even gold, its about FREEDOM. Preserving what my friends in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia are DYING for!!! Many of my close friends are overseas fighing in 130degree heat under the presumption that this country is the greatest on earth. Full of opportunity to live any lifestyle one chooses. I for one will not suck "the mans" tit! I will be an american

Stanislaus Gold

Apr 20, 2013
Mother Load Gold Belt ,California
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20 Gold Tracker
Garret GTA 1000
fisher quick silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will never win until enough are ready to get together and figure out how to fight this. Problem I see is to OTR's is being surrounded by authorities and them confiscating vehicles and dredges. Civil disobedience is what is needed, but how to go about this is another matter. It has to have enough dredgers or miners that support it to have any effect. Remember , we are on the left coast. We can't and won't win in courts. It just ain't going to happen. Look at prop. 8 in CA. We all want to do the right thing and I applaud all efforts in the legal aspect of writing and e-mails. Either we figure how to take this to the next level or watch the rust build up on your dredge.
This is not about dredging or the environment, It is about jealousy, pure and simple. Some see a dredge in the water and know that they are individuals that are not controlled by a boss. This is one of the most pure forms of freedom I can think of that can be profitable. What in the hell is wrong with that?. 47 million people on some sort of public assistance in this country. The gov. is taking over the health care system, 1/6th of the economy. So what should we do???

Without a self reliant civilization in place ,then many must ask for assistance ,forfeiting there constitutional rights and turning over to a debt based intrest bearing lifestyle, where we as a people will always owe money to our government , who incidentaly has a huge spending problem,forever keeping us into debt

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some rambling, disjointed thoughts on "serious" mining in Ca. For a long time (late 60's to mid 90's) serious miners/dredgers got ahold of claims. Then
they put 6,8, 10 inch dredges in the water, had serious boulder moving equipment (including tnt). A relative large number of these guys would stay all summer
working their claims with pounds of gold to show at the end.

Now they are stuck with claims they cannot work for many obvious reasons - the stupid laws/regulations and old age being primary.

I'm not talking hobby mining here - the clubs and casual panners can continue (for awhile) to enjoy their prospecting.

What if you serious miners out there, that know a pound of gold per summer is possible per man, formed your own small groups, say 4 to 10 guys. You could work as
teams for efficiency, with the notion that the whole is greater than its parts, just like miners did back in gold rush days, sometimes. They worked together
to build ditches, flumes, long tom sluices that stretched a half a mile or better. Yes, some ops were just working for "the man", but some were co-ops.

Anyhoo, the trick is to lease/contract with claimowners who are seeing their dredges/equipment rusting away and their claims value losing 50-80%. I frankly
don't know what a good lease agreement would be, but know its possible to have a win-win.

If these co-op groups adopt a military style (many of you are vets) operation, join together on mining equipment, camping, rotating schedules including night mining there's no reason for failure. In short, change the prevailing thought of "individual" operations to a squad of disciplined professionals.

Last, if some of the more radical "squads" want to bend the rules/regs why the LL not have a few bad-ass ninja groups out there to keep the authorities on their toes and earn their pay. Just like when we see good gold in pans of others, what a joy to know at least some guys out there are succeeding.

This is just my idea of a possible future, lets hear from you.

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Our early warning system, Motorola, supposed to be good for 23 miles, all I need is to the bottom of the canyon. Makes the bird watching safer if you know what is in the flightpath..:laughing7:

Attachments

• Motorola early warning system 001.JPG
    Motorola early warning system 001.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 92

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I don't know if we could get enough signitures for a ballot, until many were to see we the dredgers on the river being forced out by the authorities on news programs across the country, would the average guy, or (gal) see that our freedoms are being taken away will they wonder why? Will this wake up the average citizen or not? Or doing so with video cameras and you tubing the events. Getting members or the like together once a month in each county at a meeting place for breakfast, lunch or dinner to discuss the possibilities what can be done and get to know each other. Lets put our heads together, doesn't seem like anything else is working. Ideas???

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if we could get enough signitures for a ballot, until many were to see we the dredgers on the river being forced out by the authorities on news programs across the country, would the average guy, or (gal) see that our freedoms are being taken away will they wonder why? Will this wake up the average citizen or not? Or doing so with video cameras and you tubing the events. Getting members or the like together once a month in each county at a meeting place for breakfast, lunch or dinner to discuss the possibilities what can be done and get to know each other. Lets put our heads together, doesn't seem like anything else is working. Ideas???

Sorry......... But the average citizen falls for the propaganda dished out by the envirowackos,
Going to have to be a coalition of outdoor enthusiasts such as hunters, fishermen, off roaders, prospectors, and others that actually use the outdoors and not just look at it as they drive by or on TV.

GG~

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry......... But the average citizen falls for the propaganda dished out by the envirowackos, Going to have to be a coalition of outdoor enthusiasts such as hunters, fishermen, off roaders, prospectors, and others that actually use the outdoors and not just look at it as they drive by or on TV.
GG~

Agreed........but we need to take it one step further, we need ALL the states that have mining organizations to be included in discussions about the best way to stop the envirowackos from ruining mining. One rep from each "chapter" of miners would get the attention and support of the rest of the miners and then we could be organized and possibly "well funded" enough to go on the attack against anti-mining wackos and use the same tactics they use..against them. JMO..

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Goody is right! There must be ONE organization that represents all outdoor recreationalists. What is it? Fishermen groups must realize that we a have a lot to lose, hunters, and we must reach out to them one way or another. get on whatever forums you can and get the message out!

In the meantime, we will have to go underground and operate in stealth groups to prospect the way we need to. Guerilla tactics, in other words. Think of illegal pot growers out in the woods, and how they operate secretly. That's how this should be done. And I know that some pot outfits have paid off the gov to look the other way.Not saying we should do that, but its something to consider.

If you are out of sight, and working remotely, its not at all likely that any guvie agent will go looking for you! They have bigger fish to fry!

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Defend Rural America is quickly becoming a clearing house and sounding board for all the groups and people in many states.

defendruralamerica.com or net should work.

From the oyster farm to the frogs they are organizing groups. The WMA is active with DRA and others. PLP is bogged down with many court cases to win.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
never happen in a million years! its been tried and nobody would go for it! each group wanted tobe the main focus with their ideas at the forfront! to many, i wanna be the boss attitudes ruined it for all! it would have been the way to go but to many cheifs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread