Dredging COLORADO GOLD NUGGETS with a Suction Nozzle

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
The best gold prospecting tool for every season is the one that will find you the most gold!
In this case, the water levels are just right for me to gold dredge an area of bedrock that I have been eyeing for years.
For this, we pull out the suction nozzle since it performs very well in low water situations.
Let's find more gold
🙌

Upvote 5

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you on the upper Arkansas River? I use to live walking distance to it a little north of Buena Vista and would sample pan all around there. I see now claims stakes in the places I would go and campers scattered about in the areas I use to go with just me, myself and I 40 years ago. I stayed once at the Super 8 in BV maybe 3 years back and there at the morning breakfast bar I got to talking to some old gents from Kansas who where members of some gold prospecting club who held the claims on my once free to roam banks of the river. One ol fella said he was already a thousand bucks into the 3 day trip and all the gold they recovered wouldn't amount to a a dollar bill. I could of told him that be all he'd get if he busted his ass sun-up to sundown forty years ago for 3 days. Now for these gold club operators they're raking it in by collecting fees off the suckers who believe they're gonna go home with a nice little tote of nuggets, but for the money they spent I'm sure all they got was the same itty-bitty vials of teeny little flakes that look bigger in those little glass vials until you dump them out in the pan.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
My friend and a few of his buddy's had a claim a few miles up river from BV and we had some great times there and in Wyoming also. They sold that BV claim a few years back and most of them (including myself) aren't able to get out dredging anymore . LOT'S of great times with GREAT FRIENDS and GREAT MEMORIES were had !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread