Dredging with my DIY 2.5" highbanker/dredge

Astro looks like you have her dialed and catching the fines. Looks like your creek that has not been a big producer is yielding her booty to those with ingenuity and work ethic to go and get. Thanks for the video. Good health and good hunting...

Hey astro I finaly got some color in the creek behind me! Got a decent peice of wire gold and some very fine stuff. Your welcome to come out here any time. Bed rock is only 6" down in most places !

Last edited:
Nice setup there, looks like you nailed it. When you end up 25' underwater with 60 lbs of lead strapped on watching the gravel fly through a 6" nozzle and ask yourself, "what am I doing down here, how did I get to this place?" you can come back to this thread and see where it all started. :icon_thumleft:

I like to wear my neoprene chest waders and knee pads for "long arming" with the 2.5". If it's cold enough I'll put on the 7 mill wetsuit top also. Looking forward to more videos of the 2.5" setup.

Nice video and cool DIY equipment. Thanks I really enjoyed that.

I'm not a prospector so here goes a newb question, Why no single or cross bar on the suction tip to prevent clogs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back