What's new

drilled bear claw

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this a long time ago
i have never found another like it
this piece must have been worn a very long time
the first hole wore out and another was drilled so it could be used again
Lars
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1753.webp
    IMG_1753.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1754.webp
    IMG_1754.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_1755.webp
    IMG_1755.webp
    17 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_1757.webp
    IMG_1757.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0
Thats a cool find Larson. Never seen one like that before. Thanks for sharing.

Mainer
 
you find the most amazing artifacts! how did you find this one? in a field?
 
yes mama, in the same 35-40 acre field that I find all of that stuff
lars
 
That's really cool! You have so much stuff, you should sell that claw, LOL! Thanks for the pics. of all your finds!

badandy
 
hey thanks you bad man
since I have never sold anything in my life maybe I should put it back?
I am wondering about my thoughts that the 1rst hole wore out and another was drilled
lars
 
I have a buddy that has one just like it.
I'll try to get pics.
 
Yes, I think you are correct about the first hole wearing/breaking out and then another hole being redrilled. Very cool find.

I see it on shell beads a lot. The first picture is a little bird that has the same repair along the right side, the other picture is the cache.

IMG_2308.jpg


IMG_2741.jpg
 
hey pretty cool josh
thanks for the picture
I hope jonzer can get his hands on an image of his friends piece
lars
 
how long do you guys think that claw had to be worn in order for the first hole to wear out
it must have been many, many years
my question is how many years? 40?, 75?, 100?, more?
somebody please make a guess
lars
 
Cool history/survey on that artifact. Nice find/pic Larson!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom