Drive-up Window

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a cat door I put into my enclosed shop (built inside my garage) so my cat, Scruff (now Luci) could go in and out....Luci won't even come in via the normal door, preferring his own.

It also doubles as a Drive-Up window for the 'Coon Cafe...:icon_thumright:
052223 (2).jpg

052223 (4).jpg

Lucky (in bottom pic) is indeed missing an eye, and she's also like 80 in 'coon years. I also think she is preggy....yet again. I am fearing she has poor moral character...
moose.gif

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
This is a cat door I put into my enclosed shop (built inside my garage) so my cat, Scruff (now Luci) could go in and out....Luci won't even come in via the normal door, preferring his own.

View attachment 2085341

View attachment 2085342

Lucky (in bottom pic) is indeed missing an eye, and she's also like 80 in 'coon years. I also think she is preggy....yet again. I am fearing she has poor moral character... View attachment 2085345
You’re running a home for unwed raccoons! That should be a non-profit tax write off. 😊

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2085341

View attachment 2085342

Lucky (in bottom pic) is indeed missing an eye, and she's also like 80 in 'coon years. I also think she is preggy....yet again. I am fearing she has poor moral character... View attachment 2085345
I did this for a stray that showed up a couple of years ago.
He is now my shop cat/guard dog,lol. Cool little cat I named Kawi. Week before last I went out to morning feed everyone and couldn't find him. Finally found him around lunch hiding in the rafters of the shop. Freaked out looking,poor dude. Finally got him down and cked out. A tear under his 3rd eye and a small hole just in front of his tail. Long story short, he gets locked up at night now. He is to scrawny to be out at night in these woods🫣

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT

View attachment 2085341

View attachment 2085342

Nope, nope, nope. Smart, large rats.

Feed 1 Racoon-then they tell their mate-then it's the neighbouring coons.
Then it's a scene out of this video-
I wouldn't want to be this guys neighbour.

What a jackass! We would definitely not be on good terms as neighbours, lol. Idiots like this is why cities like TO have to create dumb no feeding bylaws.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope, nope, nope. Smart, large rats.

What a jackass! We would definitely not be on good terms as neighbours, lol. Idiots like this is why cities like TO have to create dumb no feeding bylaws.
Looking at the size of those critters I'd say diet time.
Well aware of the city coons, fat and happy foraging on the throw away society.

Now in the rural there seems to be an understanding between the coons and me.
"There's a whole wild world to go play in-just not my world please"

Then again here's how other's feel the when coming up on a coon.

DSCN1409.JPG

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Feed 1 Racoon-then they tell their mate-then it's the neighbouring coons.
Then it's a scene out of this video-
I wouldn't want to be this guys neighbour.

That guy in the video is way overboard, which is bad for the 'coons...not to mention he's spending a ton on hotdogs.

All of the raccoons that come by my place are descendants of Lucky, and I have a firm "no touching" rule. These are wild 'coons, and I'm making sure they stay that way.

Poking their nose in the cat door is just their way of letting me know they're there. As soon as I rise from my chair, they vamoose off the porch, and then they return to the porch to munch their snack of dog chow after I've stepped back. I definitely don't hand feed them, and they still have to hunt down their normal foods to survive.

If I hold my hand down, Lucky will touch her nose to the back of it..she's very gentle, but that's the extent of our contact.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every outdoor cat should have their own access door so they can come & go as they please. My cat I had [Storm] was strictly a indoor cat. So no door was needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread