What's new

Drove my Chevy to the Privy, but the Privy was gone.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since I saw that show "Cash & Treasures" this week about finding bottles in privies, I've been dying to dig the one out that I posted previously. Let's just say, my finds weren't as glamorous as what they found. :D
I had dug down to about the 2 foot deep level in the past and found a crystal candy or sugar bowl lid , broken glass pieces, and some nylons. After watching that show & seeing they were down about 6 foot in their dig, I figured that maybe I hadn't dug down near enough. Well I dug down to about 5 feet and wasn't hitting squat. Not even broken glass. My detector wasn't picking up anything either. I stuck a probe in, but only came up with red NC clay. At that point I had learned three things:
1) NC clay soil is a real @#$&*! to dig.
2) You can actually sweat like a dog in the winter even at about 35 degrees.
3) I had overshot the dark doo-doo layer about 3 feet back up!!! It was nice compost now.
Anyways, I found a graniteware pot (you can see it by my bucket), a marble, a bumper guard from what I think is a 1950's car, a small metal suppository ( :D),and a round metal whats-it.
No old bottles, and my arms and back are killing me.
I think I'll just stick to cache hunting & coinshooting now on this particular property.
The good news though is, my wife says it looks like I lost some weight since I started back up MDing. ;)
Have a good w/end,
MM
 

Attachments

  • privy1.webp
    privy1.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 942
  • Privy3.webp
    Privy3.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 912
  • Privy2.webp
    Privy2.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 928
  • Dug marble.webp
    Dug marble.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 923
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 918
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 916
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 915
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 911
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 916
Upvote 0
Thats why I became a Charter Member... to give a little bit back to the site that does so much for many of us.
 
Should your new mail order probe not work out, I have a personal design and materials that are tried and true. Just let me know. Bongo


One Mans Trash is Another Mans Treasure
 
good grief, think about it..back in the days people dug privies, because well they had to, now A days people are digging them because they want to. ???
something is just wrong with that back breaking work.
best of luck to those that dig em I hope you find all good stuff, because that is a lot of work.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom