What's new

DRY SAND HUNT!! ....UPDATE....

Coastie59

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
453
Reaction score
673
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the ring checked today! It is 14k white gold with a 1.25ct REAL diamond!!!! appraised at one place 6-8 thousand, will have a couple more done. Oh...the diamonds around the locket are also real. thx for looking and HH

Hello all, been enjoying everyones posts here, and your hunting the beach knowledge, thx! Hope to get more serious hunting my local beaches, been eye ballin the surfmaster pi dual field, if anyone uses that detector I would appreciate any feed back. Hunted the dry sand today and scooped a few goodies, a italy .925 silver locket surrounded by stones, dought they are real, a nice ring with a stone but cant make out any markings, think I will have both pieces checked though. Maybe white gold! and real diamond! (jus dreamin) One junk ring and pendant. Thx for lookin and HH
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 671
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    79.1 KB · Views: 651
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 653
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 661
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 640
Upvote 0
Re: DRY SAND HUNT!!

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: DRY SAND HUNT!!

That Diamond Ring is really nice !
You did real good on this hunt.

And talk to Sandman about the PI , I think that is one he is very good with.
 
Re: DRY SAND HUNT!!

Congrats on the nice rings and chain. Ya just never know what you will find. I had a Surf PI Pro and it was good at finding all sorts of tiny wires, bobby pins, staples, you name it and at good depths. So much so that I thought I was wasting good time digging deep holes for trash more than I was hitting the good stuff. The Dual Field will be a good unit for the wet or dry sand at the coasts where a lot of targets are beyond the range of most detectors except some Excals or Sov GT's. Where the White's will disappoint you is with the floating coil. It is advertised as "near-neutral buoyancy" but I wore my arm out trying to hold it underwater. Granted I could have taped a sand filled sock on the coil for weight and taken it off when I searched the dry sand, but wondered why no other manufacturer had floating coils. The bigger the coil the more it floats. But this was a biggie to me so I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/Surf Master Manuals/surfdualfield.pdf
 
Re: DRY SAND HUNT!!

Nice finds, Coastie 59 :hello2:

That diamond ring is lookin' good; hope it is white gold. :headbang:

Lorraine
 
Now that's what I call beginners luck

Congrats
 
That's terrific! :hello2:

Congrats again on that beautiful find! :headbang:

Lorraine
 
Thx all, made my day!!
 
Coastie59 said:
Thx all, made my day!!

Boy Howdy!! Finds like those would make
anyones day I think. Congrats to you. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom