horsepower said:
Actually, some driving harness have hames also but they are much thinner. Back east, they often used what is called a boston buggy harness that has a breast collar that the horses pushes against rather than tugs that go to the hames. A standard harness with hames, usually called a western britchen, is a bit more particular in getting them put on properly and tightened just right whereas a breast collar harness is faster on and off but less comfortable for the horse on a long day.
Learn something every day...

I have never seen a driving harness with hames. I am curious about pulling harness being named for something that goes around the butt of a horse. Oh well, not dissagreeing, just have never heard it called that.
While the general configuration of harnesses can be divided into a couple catagories there are litterally hundreds of different harnesses in those catagories. But, I still don't think the item in the photo is connected to any of them.
Brad