Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been in a slump lately, no silver in a month, permissions drying up.... decided to hit my honey hole today, as it rained hard yesterday, thinking more goodies would come to me...

Among other things, pulled another 2 wheat cents, 3 bullets, a broken junk ring, a bit more clad, and these 4 awesome toys...
IMG_0385.JPG

I had found a few of these on previous hunts here, I suppose soon I will have an Army.
Thanks for looking!:hello:

Upvote 14
Those lead soldiers are a great find. Well done.

They almost look like Chinese with straw hats, old lead figures are neat to find,vanzutphen

Nice finds. I'm thinking WWI doughboys there.

This place is an empty lot next to a house built in 1926....it has given me several WW1 and WW2 relics....

Some child, lost his command. You resurrected them and maybe they'll rally to your display case with the others Cool finds. :thumbsup:.

Congratulations on the Infantry squad, BWD! Those are probably home-casts, from a 1930'-50's kit. The slag remnants and lack of paint lead me to believe that. Toy company quality controllers would not allow the soldiers to leave the factory untrimmed and unpainted. Competition was too stiff and kids would not want them. But many families liked making their own and painting them to their liking. With the "British" style helmets, gas mask bags, and puttees, I would also say they are WW1 doughboys. Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Nice lead BWD! :occasion14:

Any luck finding that soldiers missing head? You'll have to make another trip and see if you can find t. Lol

Nice saves just in time for Memorial Day! A job well done!

Congratulations on the Infantry squad, BWD! Those are probably home-casts, from a 1930'-50's kit. The slag remnants and lack of paint lead me to believe that. Toy company quality controllers would not allow the soldiers to leave the factory untrimmed and unpainted. Competition was too stiff and kids would not want them. But many families liked making their own and painting them to their liking. With the "British" style helmets, gas mask bags, and puttees, I would also say they are WW1 doughboys. Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

That is great info and insight!!! Thanks for your input, you prolly right, as there is an "unfinished" quality to them.

Any luck finding that soldiers missing head? You'll have to make another trip and see if you can find t. Lol

In fact the head was still in the hole, but my AT pointer crapped out on its battery, just as I was pulling him out of the ground, haven't been back...yet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back