Dug a strange metal curlicue. Anyone recognise what it might be?

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quick hunt today, and along with the usual shotgun shells and old nails, I dug this strange copper curlicue on the top of a steep hillside in the woods. The spoon-shaped pincers open and close as you move the tiny band up, which allows the pincers to open, and down, which squeezes the pincers together. It is 4 inches long. The tiny band around the pincers has no seam. There are no markings on it. The curlicue varies in width along the ribbon, so I think it was made by hand, not machine made...

Any thoughts on what it is? IMG_20150917_143809.jpgIMG_20150917_144158.jpgIMG_20150917_144142.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5
That is a "Roach Clip." Us old stoners lost or tossed a lot of them! :occasion14:

Lol. Thanks for the ID. That makes sense, it was a scenic place and close to a high school....

Cool Find! I love finding things that have a story behind them! Congratz!

Yep, definitely a roach clip. Maybe an under the table metal shop class project.

IT IS A TUNING FORK ??????????????????????????????????

Could it be some sort of thermostat? It would expand and contract, opening the pinchers.

To all you nonbelievers. Listen to the nice gentlemen. I promise you that it's a roach clip and a very nice one I would contend. Non-slip handle, no flame too close to your face. A true relic of the counterculture days. I of course would not know, but I did see pictures in an old hippie magazine that I believe was called "High Times" or something like that. I was exposed to demon weed, but I never inhaled.

To all you nonbelievers. Listen to the nice gentlemen. I promise you that it's a roach clip and a very nice one I would contend. Non-slip handle, no flame too close to your face. A true relic of the counterculture days. I of course would not know, but I did see pictures in an old hippie magazine that I believe was called "High Times" or something like that. I was exposed to demon weed, but I never inhaled.

Great looking roach clip and it certainly bummed out the person for loosing the clip.

Demon weed, the only demon thing about it back then was the roach getting sucked into the mouth off the clip.

Yes, a true relic of the counter culture days. One could probably assemble an interesting collection of such paraphernalia, if it wasn't illegal to own it :dontknow: :laughing7:

Yes, a roach clip. I had a similar one back in the day. The clip part could be held while you (I) burned hash on the coil if you had no buds. So wrecked :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back