What's new

Dug up a burried cowboy

Kas

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,571
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring.

Good target were hard to come by today. I dug up this ring and could see it was just a junker kids ring.

Cleaned it when I got home and was surprised to see that it was a 1950's Hopalong Cassidy ring. Kinda cool.
 

Attachments

  • ring 002.webp
    ring 002.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 671
Upvote 0
That a really cool find. How old is the area? WTG.

HH.
 
Cool find.
Cowboys are good.
 
It could have some value. Some of those items are pretty rare, whats it made of?
 
Very collectable and rare find...Great diggin'...
Keep safe...
 
Hey, I remember Hoppy! Used to be on TV every Saturday morning. I'd bet that ring is worth something.
 
Once again, quality over quanity's is demonstrated!

Personally, I'd rather have a "good one day find" than a hundred clad-modern coin day. When you set such high numbered goals, I would think one tends to hunt too fast; hitting only the good targets. To find the really good stuff, it's recommended, at least by me to work very slow and listen for the really deep targets. Yesterday, I visited my local park (again) and after 5 hours of "working" came home with only 7 coins and I lost one of them on the way. I think it's in my truck. :) Turns out, one of the coins is a numbered "TEN IN TRADE" store token. You'll spend those modern coins forgetting where and whence they came. But, those special items, such as your ring will dwell in your memory forever! :)

GRB
 
Illinois Jeff said:
It could have some value. Some of those items are pretty rare, whats it made of?

Crome, or silver plated copper/brass.
 
Very nice--WTG
 
Sheldius said:
That a really cool find. How old is the area? WTG.

HH.

I found an 1856 LC there. Old farm house lot, without a house.
 
that is just tooooo cool! I would love to find one! Congrats!
 
Would have been funny if you used a Tesoro Vaquero to find that cowboy. LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom