What's new

✅ SOLVED Dumb token question

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,683
Reaction score
43,418
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why I'm having trouble with this token. But, I am. I just can't seem to pin down if it is current or old.

Anyone familiar?
 

Attachments

  • token.webp
    token.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 133
It is probably a No Cash Value Gaming/Amusement Token for wherever the Herald Family Funhouse is.
 
Upvote 0
It is probably a No Cash Value Gaming/Amusement Token for wherever the Herald Family Funhouse is.

That's my problem. Pinning down if this place is current or old.

Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
I hunted a bit for it online yesterday, but didn't find the exact name. I did find a "Herald Family Fun Centers" in Herald CA, but when you click on it, it takes you to Durham, NC info and there is no info! Dead end! (The internet really sucks sometimes : )
 
Upvote 0
I hunted a bit for it online yesterday, but didn't find the exact name. I did find a "Herald Family Fun Centers" in Herald CA, but when you click on it, it takes you to Durham, NC info and there is no info! Dead end! (The internet really sucks sometimes : )

You're beginning to see my problem. :)

The reason I want to know is that I ran into a section of a school ground that yielded a 40's wheat cent, a couple other indicators of age more than one might expect. This token is one of them.

I'm trying to figure out if I might be onto something in this place or just got lucky. I hit the spot toward the end of a hunt and I will be going back. But, I'd like to figure if I might have found an old homestead that was cleared for this school. Doesn't show on the old maps but that doesn't mean much.

Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
I have one that looks similar from an old "family fun" place here in Jersey that dates no later than the mid '80s. I am thinking that these type tokens are no older than say mid '60s, but of course I could be wrong! Good luck!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom