What's new

DUMPING SUPPLIES

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
4,386
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
just curious, what kind of container does everyone use to bring in and dump their coins? just curious :wink:
keep it up and hh!
 
Upvote 0
I have nearly 10 canvas bags from different banks and will use one from the bank I am dumping at. One of those bags will easily hold 1K in halves.
 
Plastic coin-loks. I use them over, and over, and over......
 
I feel a little uneasy carrying heavy bank bags around. The few times I have, it just feels like every person within a mile is staring at you. I take my coins in a little inconspicuous brown box that can hold up to $700 (but it looks like a lot less).
 
I re-roll my halves, so they usually just go back in the box they came in. I take my pennies in to my penny dump bank in quart mason jars. Side note: I take my Zincolns from a box in to dump and use that number to determine my copper percentage. For a $25 box (100 - (#zincs X 4), ie if you get $20 in zincolns, you know the copper ratio was 20%. :read2:

HH,
Legend
 
I use one gallon plastic buckets, there strong enough to hold about $750 in halfs and I think it looks better then walking in with a bag. Its also very easy to poor coins into the machine. you could also use five gallon buckets, but when you walk in with them it scares the hell out of the teller who deals with coin machine.
 
I also use canvas bags that I put about 300 at a time in. I usually carry one in each hand because my chiropractor told me one will keep throwing your back out!!!! he was right. He said he had a cop once who had the same problem.... from HIS GUN!!
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
I also use canvas bags that I put about 300 at a time in. I usually carry one in each hand because my chiropractor told me one will keep throwing your back out!!!! he was right. He said he had a cop once who had the same problem.... from HIS GUN!!

Who was this cop, John Wayne or Clint Eastwood?

I use empty CD Rom containers. Holds exactly $1,000.00, or I just dump them in a B of A bag and take it to them to deposit. That was when I was order boxes....
 
I use Maxwell House 2 pound plastic coffee cans with the handle. Easily holds 1000 halves. The handle makes it easy to carry in two cans at a time.
Last week,my son, ScoobaSteve, tried carrying in 3 cans,one of which fell to the ground :laughing9: :laughing9:. These cans do not balance well one on top of another unless they are empty.
HH
Rich
 
My bank requested I use a bag of some sort but didn't provide one.... so I've made a couple out of old pairs of jeans (well laundered of course). Just need to cut a good section of a leg out, turn it inside out, sew the bottom together, turn it rightside out and hem the top edge. I add a shoestring on the side to tie it closed. maybe 10 minutes on the wife's sewing machine.
 
I use canvas bags that I get my coins delivered in. I have over 100 of them currently. If anyone wants a few and will pay for shipping, I would be glad to send you a few. Just PM me.
 
I put my coins in recycled plastic Chinese takeout soup containers. I put those in a backpack which is easy to carry and is pretty inconspicuous. The containers stack well inside the backpack and are easy to open and dump. Plus, with different types of coins in each container - I know exactly how much I'm dumping, in case the machine count is off (I just write the amount on a piece of masking tape on top of each container).
 
I use two Tim Horton Coffee Cans. They each hold $500 in halves. I am looking for something that will hold $1000, I saw a plastic ice cream tub that may work. I would be nice to have something with a handle.

Gordon and Tanner
 
Around these parts, banks won't give you cash until you have them rolled. I just bring them in the way they came in their original boxes. No one is gonna rob me with such a heavy load. If they rob me, I'll drop them hard on the ground and run and call the cops and like to see them try to pick up all those busted rolls on the ground.
 
I always deposit at the same bank but different branches, so I have a lot of clear coin deposit bags that the bank has given me. I just write my acct number and the amount, and they ship it off to be counted. If it's over or under they credit/debit my account- which has never happened.
 
Military Amo Box...Holds right at 1k of halves...Heavy as Hell..but it works...just look crazy walking in with it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom