What's new

Dumpsites/banks

renegade_7

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
977
Reaction score
87
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Do you guys always use the coin machines to dump your halves, or do you give them to the teller? My first box returned, they looked a little odd about getting all these halves. Sorry about all the questions; a newbe looking for the best way.
 
Upvote 0
I do both. I have a business acct at one bank (with lots of branches so I can spread it out) that the tellers have to run the coin. I also openned an acct at a bank with a counter in the lobby sos all the teller has to do is give me $100's. Go find some chocolate coins with gold foil on them- the ones I get look like gold Kennedies- they come in mesh bags of 10 and the tellers think they are cute. I also give them to my supply tellers most times. Boxes are heavy, show them you appreciate the effort and they will start calling you the half dollar guy- WARNING once you get them hooked on the chocolate coins, don't run out or you will become known as that %$@!&%^ half dollar guy haha. HH Mark
 
when I get my 2 boxes I have a regular run. 4 banks within a mile of each other. $500 loose in bags the bank provides at one bank, $300 in a coin machine and $100 in re-rolled machine rolls at 2 other banks. Takes about 20 min. I also dump at about 10-15 other branch's off and on, hand and coin machine. No fee's at any. Just PO'd looks at a few. Hey, they are there to serve the public, not the other way around.
 
I used to return rolls to my dump bank until they gave me some story about not accepting rolled coin anymore. Now I just fill up their free coin counter machine almost everyday. And yes, expect plenty of PO'd looks, but awhitster is right: it's their job.

Hoose
 
cmhoose said:
I used to return rolls to my dump bank until they gave me some story about not accepting rolled coin anymore.
That happened to me at a smaller Wells Fargo branch. They said I filled their vault and no more will fit. ;D
 
Welcome to the half dollar laundering ring.
 
ringding said:
Welcome to the half dollar laundering ring.
Just don't dump more than 10K at a time.....that will keep the Feds off your back.....LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom