What's new

E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

I have no idea. I assume that it might read Dupont but I am not certain. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • easter 2010 019.webp
    easter 2010 019.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 308
  • easter 2010 020.webp
    easter 2010 020.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 231
  • easter 2010 021.webp
    easter 2010 021.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 252
  • easter 2010 022.webp
    easter 2010 022.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 252
  • easter 2010 023.webp
    easter 2010 023.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 268
  • easter 2010 024.webp
    easter 2010 024.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 248
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

could it be E. I. du Pont ?
 
Upvote 0
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

Yes. Dupont.

Eleuthère Irénée du Pont

Possibly a cap for a gun powder tin? That would make since for Dupont. Although looks kinda small...

16969.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

I agree with powder tin top :icon_thumright:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

Yep,we dig hundreds of them.I have started a nice liitle collection of them.Yours is the "press in",not threaded which dates it pre 1860 :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

kuger said:
Yep,we dig hundreds of them.I have started a nice liitle collection of them.Yours is the "press in",not threaded which dates it pre 1860 :thumbsup:
They must have worn over Time :icon_scratch: is that why you find so many :dontknow:....cool find 8)

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Yep,we dig hundreds of them.I have started a nice liitle collection of them.Yours is the "press in",not threaded which dates it pre 1860 :thumbsup:
They must have worn over Time :icon_scratch: is that why you find so many :dontknow:....cool find 8)

SS
They were the stoppers for the flask or can that the powder came in,that they would fill there horn or flask with.Once the can was empty they just tossed them.I will post a pic of what I am talking about when I can get on my computer.I have often wondered why they didnt melt them into projectiles,they must have been a poor grade lead? :icon_scratch:
It is crazy how many we dig,predominately E.I's,but Hazards,and American,or Eagles pop up too.
 
Upvote 0
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

Thanks everyone for the replies. Can I mark this solved for sure?
 
Upvote 0
Re: E. I. DU_ONT & Co. Lead/pewter knob or stopper?

Yes,for sure, I guarantee you!!If you would like to see a whole bunch of them let me know(I am not on my computer)Great find!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom