What's new

E TRAC Question

guitarplaynrn

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 13, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houma, La
Hi, I'm about to purchase a Minelab E TRAC. I have been comparing big company sites prices and bundles. I want a sunray pin pointer attachment installed- instead of continuing to use my Garrett pinpointer. I need to know---is it better to have one company send me a seperate shaft with sunray installed or have the pinpointer installed on the existing shaft of new detector.

Any opinons would be greatly appreciated! I am upgrading from Garrett 350 and have been seriously detecting for 1.5 years.
 
the probes are nice but they can chew on your batteries tho
but there hard to lose your going to love the E trac go over the spots you went with the ace 3 fiddy and you will see why the e trac is so well liked...
 
It's probably cheaper to have it installed on the machine.
I'm in the other boat, as I'm ditching my probe (going defective) for the hand held pinpointer. Less weight on the explorer also.
 
I use both the Sunray x-1 and the Garrett pro pointer. The Sunray has better depth than the Garrett but they both have ups and downs. I was in your same situation and looked on ebay, i found the x-1 used and already mounted on a shaft for around 160, much less than paying to have a new one installed. hope this helps, dont get rid of that pro pointer!
 
Last edited:
I just went to Harbor Freight and got a $ 15 hand held. I just carry it with my other tools. No extra drain on batts, no extra weight to swing. It may be insulting to the SE to be seen with, but it has never said so.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom