E-Z Sluice

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It came to day, I'm now a prospector I have E Z sluice My garret gravity pan kit, shovel,Ivied had that one all ready..lol So I'm off this very instance to a start a gold rush up here.. in the copper country...So here I go too look for the shine... It'll be intresting as of what all find....just to run the sluice is going too be kool.... liftloop

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: E Z Sluice

Good Luck liftloop! Be sure to take some pictures and share them here on Tnet. The pictures end up helping all of us, I know the pictures I posted helped me as well as others as so many great comments are generated by the pictures.

Have fun and stay warm, 63bkpkr

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I'm back and it was a blast no gold....but the first river i went to is called houghton duglass fall...named after Michigan's first geologist... the ez worked like a champ...That river is pretty steep lots of drop off...rocks every were no problems setting up....found may be some lead flake as of one flake...Next river I raced too the was trap rock It's wide...deep...and very sandy... and lazy but under the bridge their was some rifle so i set up their it didn't work ass good as it did in the H.D.falls crick...If I had my chest wader on I could of funneled the river better..and the DNR had sea lampray nets their too... so I didn't want to mess around by them to much...all an all It's fun and exciting... I can't wait to hit a river that is said to have gold in it....Ooo sorry there no pictures.. liftloop

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft

Ya Sissy! Sea lampray only Suck out your Guts and Stuff!

You can put a Tire Patch on the Hole they drill in your side.

Hit it Man! Hit it! :tongue3:

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

witch gratiot river..

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought that mite be the spot... I think they made it a camp grounds a long the lake is the scuttle butt...All have to see it for my self..But I've been their..lots of time never paned their or metal detected... grzBear It sound like your from around here.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Went to the gratiot river no camp ground. so i went up to the the first set of falls but i wasn't there that long to find any gold.., the E-Z sluice is a blast to run...can't wait for spring....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait for SPRING? Get some of those socks ice-fisherman buy... with the batteries. Jury rig the setup to include undies... and t-shirt. Shouldn't take more than... say... 20 pounds of size "D" batteries. Besides, if you fall in, you'll NEVER let someone talk you into prospecting for gold in MI in the winter again! (hey Joe... did you hear that? Sounded like a YETI scream. In MI? No, not in MI... right? Hey Joe... how are you on ammo?) TTC

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a riot... your probably right on all the batteries....and the yeti scream... I hate cold water....but I'm stubborn and if there was gold a round here, I would be out there right now winter or not.....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
liftloop said:
that's a riot... your probably right on all the batteries....and the yeti scream... I hate cold water....but I'm stubborn and if there was gold a round here, I would be out there right now winter or not.....
So would I, my friend, so would I. Go for it! TTC

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up north a hunting a little this summer. Here is a pick for ya snow birds.

Attachments

• Copper Harbor 006.jpg
    Copper Harbor 006.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 649
  • Copper Harbor 015.jpg
    Copper Harbor 015.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 635
  • Copper Harbor 017.jpg
    Copper Harbor 017.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 674
OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Thanks for posting some pictures of up here.... I'm not that good at posting picture.. I don't even have a digital camera but I live in U.P and it is a nice place to live..did you find any thing of interest y'all you were here i hope so.....

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice copper specimens; some off roading; Some kick back and relax time;
2 buckets of lake superior black sand; 1/4 truck load of muck from a copper mine;
Green stone with nice 2" veins of quarts running through it.
A couple of buckets of heavies from some small way side streams.
It was a nice week away from the grind at work.
Didn't find any of the shine but had a good time.

Attachments

• Copper Harbor 003.jpg
    Copper Harbor 003.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 623
  • Copper Harbor 019.jpg
    Copper Harbor 019.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 578
OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.............................................................Nice :thumbsup:................................................................................

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was what was left of a copper smelting operation a couple of miles out side of town in Copper Harbor MI. The mine's name alludes me at this time. Freda does sound familiar though.
I thought it was a nice piece of mining history.
I should have dug around inside a bit but the other half wanted to go out to dinner.
The picture turned out fairly well so I thought I would share it with every one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread