What's new

Eagle Button

ipsilateral

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
331
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any ideas on this brass eagle button? No manufacturer.
 

Attachments

  • button.webp
    button.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 356
  • button2.webp
    button2.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 314
fyrffytr1 said:
I meant it as a general description of the different construction types. It came from "Albert's" book.
I dont have the book but I hear Alberts is the best reference for buttons but Im surprised he has 2 piece buttons generally diagramed as muffin shaped.

It could be misleading in this thread and I just wanted to bring it to the readers attention.. 8)
 
Upvote 0
If 2 piece authentic muffin buttons are common, forget most of what I said lol. ;D
 
Upvote 0
ipsilateral said:
It is absolutely identical to the button posted by fyrffytr1, shield variation and all. The back is different which seems odd, but perhaps it is Indian Wars.. I'm sure others will weigh in.

Dang, I never clicked on the link... well done.

Yes, It looks the same.

Also, it's not too uncommon for backs and buttons from two manufacturers to show up together. Looks like an Indian Wars variation.

The muffin style is LESS common but certainly not rare.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
The muffin style is LESS common but certainly not rare.
Referring to the staff officer muffin button above, MJ, the question I have are muffin style 2 piece staff officer buttons authentic? Are you saying 2 piece muffins are certainly not rare? Every one that I saw first hand were reproductions but I havent seen many and I am not sure this is always true. Just trying to verify your response. ...and learn. :icon_thumright:


MVC-028E.webp
button on left is 3 piece, right is 2 piece
 

Attachments

  • MVC-028E.webp
    MVC-028E.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Can I ask where and how did you obtain this button?
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
Purchased with some other buttons in a shop. The other buttons were non-military. Although one is pretty cool and is made from a coin. The one from mountain treasure also looks to be the same pattern. Thanks so much for all the attention this thread is getting. I am learning a lot from this! You folks are awesome!
 
Upvote 0
ipsilateral said:
Purchased with some other buttons in a shop. The other buttons were non-military. Although one is pretty cool and is made from a coin. The one from mountain treasure also looks to be the same pattern. Thanks so much for all the attention this thread is getting. I am learning a lot from this! You folks are awesome!
I purchased a tin of Great Seal buttons that had several of those mixed in. I believe they are reproductions. Ill bet Mtn.'s is 3 piece. Where are the button experts?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
3
Views
360

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom