Eagle Plaque? im stumped on. Old rifle hammer? Few buttons, 1926 wheaty and D buckle.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This site has been productive since I started hunting it in early 2023. I went back over the weekend with pruning sheers to get into the tight places. Or cut myself out if I got stuck....

Buttons are "standard treble Gilt " and "Imperial Standard." there's more info on the Imperial standard Buttons on this forum. The indented text on them was introduced 1810s but with war of 1812 going on it is felt these most likely got into the US in the 1820s 1830s. Stamped out of brass instead of cast hence why it sounded like an indian head.

Wheaty is 1926.

The rifle hammer may be legit??? Not a cheap cast junk metal one. It's solid.

No clue on the eagle. Banner has text but it's cut off at break. Has remainer of "0 years" on banner. Back says "patent pending" little bit of red paint hanging on. My first guess was bicentennial item but it was in hole with 20s 30s milk of magnesia type cobalt glass and 2 feet from 1926 wheaty. Place was gone before bicentennial as well. Maybe sesqicential?? 150 years? Age range here has been flat buttons up to 1950s Wheaties.

Attachments

• 20230304_235309.jpg
    20230304_235309.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230306_194106.jpg
    20230306_194106.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Upvote 10

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This site has been productive since I started hunting it in early 2023. I went back over the weekend with pruning sheers to get into the tight places. Or cut myself out if I got stuck....

Buttons are "standard treble Gilt " and "Imperial Standard." there's more info on the Imperial standard Buttons on this forum. The indented text on them was introduced 1810s but with war of 1812 going on it is felt these most likely got into the US in the 1820s 1830s. Stamped out of brass instead of cast hence why it sounded like an indian head.

Wheaty is 1926.

No clue on the eagle. Banner has text but it's cut off at break. Has remainer of "0 years" on banner. Back says "patent pending" little bit of red paint hanging on. My first guess was bicentennial item but it was in hole with 20s 30s milk of magnesia type cobalt glass and 2 feet from 1926 wheaty. Place was gone before bicentennial as well. Maybe sesqicential?? 150 years? Age range here has been flat buttons up to 1950s Wheaties.
Very nice hunt.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Wheaty is 1926.

Maybe a service pin .. One star for @ 10 years of service? 40 years on the left of the banner?

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe a service pin .. One star for @ 10 years of service? 40 years on the left of the banner?
Possibly though it's rather large. I should probably post that back though it's still kinda dirty

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wheaty is 1926.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread