What's new

Eagle token?

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,154
Reaction score
7,991
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I acquired this token in a trade and was told that it was found in a creek here in S.W. Georgia. The back has no markings. As you can see, the close up of the back did not come out too clearly. Anyone know anything about this item?
 

Attachments

  • Eagle Token (1).webp
    Eagle Token (1).webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 705
  • Eagle Token.webp
    Eagle Token.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 696
looks like it is modeled after the reverse of a standing liberty quarter. my guess is that it is a modern video gaming token
 
Upvote 0
I think i see for above the eagle
the writing under the eagle is too worn

Eagle_Token_(1).webp
 
Upvote 0
I cannot make out any letters or words. Here are some better pictures. This token looks to be made of brass and was found in an area that other old tokens and slugs have been found from differnt time periods. Thank you for any information.
 

Attachments

  • Eagle token Front.webp
    Eagle token Front.webp
    17 KB · Views: 582
  • Eagle token  Back.webp
    Eagle token Back.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 650
Upvote 0
I dont know what it is but it doesnt look modern.
 
Upvote 0
My vote is Quarter slug. Same size as U.S. quarter. Same design on one side, same width rim.

Pretty cool one, probably made 1920s or 30s.


-Buck
 
Upvote 0
I'd say definately not older then 1916

I'm going with BuckleBoy' guess

Can't see enough of the front to say Counterfeit,

so most likley your right on Token
 
Upvote 0
That's cool......and another mystery of 'tecton.......... :BangHead:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom