Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I would randomly walk the old fields behind the site I found my machin mills copper early this spring. Not thinking I would find anything just looking for where the activity was. Found a nice spot with some iron and started doing a sloppy grid and came out with some keepers. I think the eagle was part of a handle maybe to a knife or machete? First thought was to a cane but I believe it's too small for that. Very cool either way. Also grabbed a toasted copper with no detail at all and then an 1800 LC with great detail. The rest was just randomly throughout my search plus a bunch of iron.
Thanks for looking.

image-24253639.jpg

image-2719601360.jpg

image-926312261.jpg

image-2407376728.jpg

image-1301640565.jpg

image-4060983458.jpg

image-3693876270.jpg

image-2117458657.jpg

image-1667236578.jpg

Upvote 8
oh yaaaaaa , look at that eagle Howad . Very nice Mass digs indeed . You never seem to dig your share of junk at these places :dontknow: why is that ???

I dig plenty of junk! Just not too much modern junk. I try to stay far off the beaten path. You'd be surprised at some of the places I go. Hard to imagine people living there and the farther you go the older the sites get.

Excellent finds. Sounds like a great spot to hunt. That cane top is one of the coolest I've seen. :thumbsup:

Nice finds Greylock, that Large cent has some neat detail and that Eagle is really cool, great hunt :thumbsup:

Bubba65

I think it's a cane top. I would imagine the ball is there for using it as a knocker

Sweet finds and nice cane topper!

Nice finds! I came up with a draped bust large cent yesterday myself, but it's toasted. Did find a decent 1775 counterfeit George III the day before.

Looks like that random walk paid handsome dividends!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I went back up to look for more activity area in the old field. Not much to show. A few buttons, and ox knob and a bowl part of a pipe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back