What's new

Eagle with shield mount

winslow

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
448
Reaction score
1,644
Golden Thread
2
Location
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 900
Found in an area that was loaded with campsites (lots of tin) from the gold rush era of 1850's and 1860's. Newer stuff around as well. This appears to have been mounted on something but not sure of what. Any ideas? :dontknow: The shield on the eagle reminds me of some old military buttons I've found in the past.
 

Attachments

  • finds eagle k flats 3-3-12.webp
    finds eagle k flats 3-3-12.webp
    45 KB · Views: 560
Silver coin run over by a train and engraved? That is really a cool find and good ID IS..
 
Upvote 0
Winslow!!Good to hear from ya!!I dont know what that is but it pre dates the sites I bet
 
Upvote 0
I think size/shape fits cheek silver plate for a long rifle :icon_thumright: :hello2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom