North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early 1900's House - A bit of silver shines through

Today I went back to the house where I dug my first Barber quarter a few weeks back. It was toasted in a fire unfortunately. :tongue3:
I detected the backyard this time and was getting pretty bummed out just digging clad and for some reason a bunch of old wood screws. :dontknow: As I gridded off the yard and got closer to the house and old stone well, I started getting some older coins and relics.
Nothing too exciting, but I got a 1944 Washington quarter, two Buff nickels, a 1943"P" war nickel, three wheat pennies, old spoon, vaccine tag, a large decorative hook (any ideas?), and assorted other crappe'.
I haven't found too much of anything since moving to the Asheville area a year ago, but I'll keep plugging away. :thumbsup:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 5

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of diggin....but I'd say that was a pretty good day.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im probably wrong but the two green things look like those license plate reflectors people used years ago. The reason I say this is because I just watched an American Pickrs episode they bought a pair of red ones. Paid like 75 bucks! Nice finds!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im probably wrong but the two green things look like those license plate reflectors people used years ago. The reason I say this is because I just watched an American Pickrs episode they bought a pair of red ones. Paid like 75 bucks! Nice finds!

You are dead on. That's exactly what they are. :thumbsup: Maybe I can get $80 from Mike & Frank for green ones? :icon_scratch:
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of diggin....but I'd say that was a pretty good day.

Thanks TR. My back was killing me by the end of the day. I think I dug enough clad to buy some aspirin. :laughing7:
-MM-

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
D, Looks like you got a lot of exercise today and some goodies too! The 'hook' piece looks like it could be an arm part from a Victorian candle sconce, chandelier or the likes.

I'm thinking you might could get at least a Benjamin for those green ones from Frank & Mike. Who knows, they might even climb a tree and shout, 'Greenage in the hole!' :laughing7:

:)
Breezie
VictorianCandleSc1.jpg
VictorianCandleSconces.jpg

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D, Looks like you got a lot of exercise today and some goodies too! The 'hook' piece looks like it could be an arm part from a Victorian candle sconce, chandelier or the likes.

I'm thinking you might could get at least a Benjamin for those green ones from Frank & Mike. Who knows, they might even climb a tree and shout, 'Greenage in the hole!' :laughing7:

:)
Breezie

LOL. "Greenage in the hole" :laughing7:
Thank for the info on the hook. Those look pretty darn close. :thumbsup:
I think I'll paint it gold and give it to my wife as a earring for Christmas. I'll tell her she will get the second one next Christmas. :tongue3:
I've learned to be very comfortable in the dog house. I even have cable TV out there.
Have a great week,
DUHg

smoothguy123

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great example of innovation, I am glad to find it. There are so many developers working on this segment but this is one of the best innovative idea ever. Thanks for sharing it here.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might not be that Barber you are looking for, but I'd say a nice day of finds (good finds) Keep digging, still might be a Barber in there somewhere with those dates.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
quote "As I gridded off the yard and got closer to the house and old stone well, I started getting some older coins and relics."quote
It just goes to show "if there is a Well there is a Way" lol, good digs and careful wrapping those Christmas earrings there antique.
Bill

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great example of innovation, I am glad to find it. There are so many developers working on this segment but this is one of the best innovative idea ever. Thanks for sharing it here.

:dontknow: Huh? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might not be that Barber you are looking for, but I'd say a nice day of finds (good finds) Keep digging, still might be a Barber in there somewhere with those dates.

Thanks TH. At least I was able to meet the neighbor next door. He came over and I showed him some of the relics I had found. He is interested now too. Needs the wifes approval first though. :laughing7:
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote "As I gridded off the yard and got closer to the house and old stone well, I started getting some older coins and relics."quote
It just goes to show "if there is a Well there is a Way" lol, good digs and careful wrapping those Christmas earrings there antique.
Bill

Ha, ha, ha. :laughing7: Thanks Bill. I'll be sure to neatly wrap the antique gold earring. I wouldn't want it to get scratched by the antique golden pull tab rings that I just painted. Nothing but the best for my Mrs. :tongue3:
-Doug-

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks good & a very nice vartiety of finds. I think you finally found a site that had never seen a coil. WTG, Q.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I especially like the sad face with the clad!

LOL. Ya gotta have a sense of humor in life. :tongue3: That was my best drawing EVER.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good & a very nice vartiety of finds. I think you finally found a site that had never seen a coil. WTG, Q.

Thanks Q, and welcome back from your trip down South.
Can't wait to see your post. :thumbsup:
-DUHg-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread