VERMONTPACKRAT
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2007
- Messages
- 2,243
- Reaction score
- 391
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Topsham, Vermont
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I found this copper disc in may at the orchard. At first I was thinking wasted flat button. Now I am sure that it is an early copper of some kind. There really is not much to see. There are some lines on one side, vertical lines that you may see in a shield. They are really hard to get in a picture. The other side has no detail left that I can make out. As you can see in the picture the copper is very thin too.
Pictured with a Coronet Large Cent
26 MM. A little smaller than a Large Cent.
66 grains, 4.4 grams
I dont think that this "copper" will ever get a green check but I would like to hear some ideas on what you think it could be.
VPR
Pictured with a Coronet Large Cent
26 MM. A little smaller than a Large Cent.
66 grains, 4.4 grams
I dont think that this "copper" will ever get a green check but I would like to hear some ideas on what you think it could be.
VPR
Attachments
-
IMG_8330_1_1.webp30.4 KB · Views: 385 -
IMG_8331_1_1.webp45.7 KB · Views: 366 -
IMG_8917_1_1.webp40.5 KB · Views: 345 -
IMG_8920_1_1.webp39.4 KB · Views: 386 -
IMG_8925_1_1.webp25.9 KB · Views: 354 -
IMG_8928_1_1.webp30.1 KB · Views: 375 -
IMG_8930_1_1.webp35.5 KB · Views: 359 -
IMG_8931_1_1.webp9.9 KB · Views: 345
If you have the 2010 red book its on page 52. Or Im sure you can google it. Just a guess but looks similar.
The more you look at it.....The more you'll see. Pretty soon YOU WILL see a Bar Copper!







