What's new

Early eagle item

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
7,991
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at an old site that has produced anything from Native American copper points to late 1890s Indian Head pennies. I have no idea of what it might be. I thought it might be an early military button but it appears to have a cannon on the back. I believe that it is made of pewter. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 2-23-2019 (2).webp
    2-23-2019 (2).webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 2-23-2019 (1).webp
    2-23-2019 (1).webp
    18 KB · Views: 150
That's interesting. Early Eagle for sure.
 
Upvote 0
What ever it is it looks old I would bet Creskol would know
 
Upvote 0
Amazing find! What are the chances that the whole eagle is intact? Not sure what it is, but on the second photo there some stars near the bottom and what might be a pair of flags flanking the possible cannon. Hope that helps...
 
Upvote 0
It seems like it had to be something like a coin, medal, token or watch fob... what other things have pictures on both sides? (Not helpful, just thinking out loud, but I’m guessing it was a token)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom