East Fork San Gabriel, best area for summer sluicing multi day trip.

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey fellow prospectors. My brother and i want to plan a 4 day sluicing trip to somewhere on East Fork, looking on opinions on the best area to visit to get the best gold! We are willing to do long hikes to get there. I was looking at area south of Bridge to Nowhere, just before Rattlesnake Canyon. But I'm wondering if the areas north of The Narrows has better gold?
Has anyone prospected near Alder Gulch or even Vincent Gulch?

Thanks for sharing the knowledge guys!

Everything is better with pictures! Here is a little map I labeled for reference.
San Gabriel East Fork.jpg

Upvote 0

GENESIS2012

Greenie
Jul 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi arthos,

when are you looking to go? I would be interested in joining.

MrGneissGuy

May 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also would be interested in going! My wife likes my new hobby but she hates that I go alone. Now that I think about it, I ran into a guy and his brother about a month or 2 ago near the Cattle Canyon bridge. These 2 guys were saying they were practicing for a trip up farther into the Canyon in a couple months....was that you guys? One of you had gold hog mats from what I remember, or maybe a bazooka.

GENESIS2012

Greenie
Jul 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I'm looking to do this on a regular basis as easy fork isn't too far from my location. If any of you would like to meet up, please send me a PM. We can make something happen! Looking forward to it

OP
OP
arthos

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry I've been offline for a couple days! I'm hoping to go sometime late August early September. I'm waiting getting my slice. I hope to get one if the grizzly gold traps production isn't quite ready yet. I had an order for a Keene A52f which is a long folding sluice but Keene is having a problem with the mats and can't get me a date for delivery. I'll let you guys know as the plans firm up. More company is always welcome.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry I've been offline for a couple days! I'm hoping to go sometime late August early September. I'm waiting getting my slice. I hope to get one if the grizzly gold traps production isn't quite ready yet. I had an order for a Keene A52f which is a long folding sluice but Keene is having a problem with the mats and can't get me a date for delivery. I'll let you guys know as the plans firm up. More company is always welcome.

Grizzly Goldtrap just announced production spin-up. You should see your sluice shipped within a few days now!!

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a few years since I've been there, but you definitely want to be at least 3.5 miles or more from the parking lot. 2nd river crossing I believe and up to bridge to nowhere. Remember the property near the bridge itself is private property.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
arthos

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Grizzly Goldtrap just announced production spin-up. You should see your sluice shipped within a few days now!!
Yes!! I'm excited Kevin! I hope to receive it soon!

GoldFool

Oct 29, 2017
Redondo Beach (LA)
Detector(s) used
Whites GoldMaster GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kevin, question for you. And Im asking you because I see your posts all the time so figure youve got to be solid source to ask. If of course you are familiar with Los Angeles spots in addition to where you live. Been going to the east fork for years and interseted in finding other creeks around there that may be gold bearing. Feeder creeks or even the north side of Baden Powell where the water flows off the other direction too. I never see anything online about gold down this way though. Any idea if Big Rock Creek gets any color? Or if anyone else has any idea?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry but no clue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions