Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out Friday, Saturday. Sunday this weekend. Two different farms. First farm has been pounded to death by me. The second farm has been pounded by me and host of others

Not to much came at the first farm Friday. My second keg spigot from this farm and definitely the newest one I've ever found. I'm guessing circa 1900.
IMG_20200411_094506658_HDR.jpg

Saturday I visited the second farm. I was hunting some pastures near the old house, one of which I found a Flying Eagle and a Large Cent in last week. I only had a couple buttons and a fistful of foil when I got the nerve to ask the farmer if I could hunt his front yard. There were lots of coin signals, but I couldn't get anything earlier than a couple 1918 wheaties. I also got a 1947 Rosy. Here are Saturday's finds.
thumbnail (1).jpg

I also found a freak of nature. Good thing this pine cone didn't hit someone on the head :laughing7:
Pine Cone 1.jpg Pine Cone 2.jpg

Today I went back to the same farm. My shoulder was hurting from the previous two days, so after I delivered a 30 pack of Michelob Ultra to farmer, I spent the first part of the day looking for arrowheads in plowed field. At least I didn't skunked....
Arrowhead.jpg

After a couple hours looking for arrowheads, I went to the foil field where you can dig foil balls a foot deep :BangHead:
But my first hole was this. Turned to be a toasty Vermont copper.
thumbnail.jpg

Here is my total for today. I have no idea what the brass thing with hole in the center is, but it is old.
IMG_20200412_180831779_HDR (1).jpg

And finally, here what I found in my Easter basket :laughing7:
Easter All.jpg

UPDATE:
Since making the post, my copper has been identified as a Vermont state copper. Here is a better pic.
Vermont_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 29

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To hogge and xcopperstax -

This was my fourth Vermont, all found in SW PA. No real beauties here, and I wrote this latest one off as a KG III until it was ID last night on a Facebook forum.
Here they are from the first one to the latest one.
View attachment 1823013

View attachment 1823014

View attachment 1823015

View attachment 1823016

I guess they aren't super rare in your area! Thanks for posting those! It's always great to know that it can be done.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those barrel taps. The only good one I ever found I gave to the land owner along with a large cent I also turned up. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those barrel taps. The only good one I ever found I gave to the land owner along with a large cent I also turned up. Nice finds. :thumbsup:
Here are some barrel taps, keys and caps that I have found. The large one on the right side came from the same farm as this most recent one. Notice how the earlier ones have a flat protrusion so yo can hammer them into the barrel.
Keg Spigots.jpg

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Steve!!! Love that VT copper. Well placed beer does wonders for permissions, I’ve given DPW workers 12 packs of ice cold Budweiser and then got the street tear out schedule (;

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds, good job on the arrowhead.
Thanks. I was happy to find it.

Stevie boy that is a sweet variety of finds there i need to get out bad!!
~Blaze~
Come on Johnny boy, get off the couch!

Don't know much about dating keg spigots, but it looks like an oldie. A bunch of nice finds!
Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's a relatively modern one compared to others I've found.

Very Nice!!! Congrats !!!
Thanks!

Nice looking arrowhead! Great bunch of finds. Congrats!!
Thanks Thad!

Very nice stuff. Congrats on some awesome finds!
Thanks!

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. Love that spigot and point. Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions