Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there must be some good stuff floating around on eBay but personally.. as far as Indian artifacts go and knowing the history of making money on Native American artifacts I stay away from that site like it's the plague. It's like dealing in blood money. Some very very very negative affects to the collecting community as a whole have come about because of sites like that. J.M.O.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I was shocked to hear that people were selling repros of field-grade Perds. And I've also seen so much stuff that's trash but it comes with "authentication" papers that it makes me sick.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Brainer...

OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I thought I should post this, just a reminder guffies fake birdstones are thin just ike this, and this guy was probly the buyer,lol. I emailed him to let him know , he said he was fa.niliar with guffey birds and that he was positive this one wasn't that baker lazered scroped it,lol

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres so many fakes on ebay at shows it crazy I cant believe the stuff Ive seen at shows that was fake and ranked members of the aso selling stuff that is a joke, imo no matter how knowledgeable you are if you buy artifacts you have some fakes rechips etc ,had a past aso prez tell me awhile back the fakers have gotten so good you cant tell, buy with caution.

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you guys seen all the people selling artifacts in the ancient relics forum..in antiques and collectables? I didn't think Tnet allowed that. It looks like a garage sale.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i love EBAY...and I love watching for the frauds....watch out for phrases like..."from an old collection from the 1940's" ...or... "selling this for a friend" ...or... "I am a member of the XYZ" ...or... "legally collected in the 50's and 60's"

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you guys seen all the people selling artifacts in the ancient relics forum..in antiques and collectables? I didn't think Tnet allowed that. It looks like a garage sale.

You have to be a Charter Member to sell any thing.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread