Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

I'm mindlessmagpie on the 'bay if anyone is interested, lol.

Not the best month for me so far, I've made exactly one sale and it was for something that I had already sold early in the month for $20 more than it sold the second time around. Unfortunately the first buyer lives in a country that I don't ship to, that was clear in the listing and in my shipping settings but apparently for that to hold any weight when people are bidding you have to also set exclusions in eBay. Anyway shipping that today and glad to see it go, and as usual I haven't made any other sales because I hadn't listed any new stuff. So. Last night I relisted 3 and listed 16 brand-new BINs and I'm still exhausted. Hopefully some of this stuff will start moving, last month started horribly but I sold over $500 by the end of January so I'm hoping February follows suit.

I'm mindlessmagpie on the 'bay if anyone is interested, lol.

Not the best month for me so far, I've made exactly one sale and it was for something that I had already sold early in the month for $20 more than it sold the second time around. Unfortunately the first buyer lives in a country that I don't ship to, that was clear in the listing and in my shipping settings but apparently for that to hold any weight when people are bidding you have to also set exclusions in eBay. Anyway shipping that today and glad to see it go, and as usual I haven't made any other sales because I hadn't listed any new stuff. So. Last night I relisted 3 and listed 16 brand-new BINs and I'm still exhausted. Hopefully some of this stuff will start moving, last month started horribly but I sold over $500 by the end of January so I'm hoping February follows suit.
I'll check out your listings

Sent from a empty soda can!

Dot you sell anything besides jewelry?

I haven't listed anything for a couple months except one or two items. I listed 23 items last week. 12 of them sold by or on Sunday and 2 more of them with bids are ending tomorrow night (hopefully one or two without bids will also sell). I currently have 10 active listings and 17 scheduled to start later tonight. I plan on getting another 5-10 listed tomorrow and the next day, and the next, depending on time restraints.

I have a buyer that does not have the funds to pay for the item. Now, they are being nice and responding and everything, so I thought I may just cancel the transaction instead of a NPB case. Do I get the final value fees back if I cancel the transaction?

It's my understanding that you can get your final value fees back but I'd be careful how you handle it. If you or the buyer hits the wrong reason for cancelling you will get a defect & you may or may not get fees back. I haven't had to wade through that particular swamp yet so I can't tell you exactly what to do.

Ah sorry Diesel, didn't see you there. I've been doing almost all jewelry for the last few months, sometimes list some flatware (have some I should list) or housewares or knives. Sold a set of the Foxfire books #1-10 for $125 last month that I bought for a buck each from an estate sale lady who has grudgingly come to like me and cut me fairly outrageous deals. The books were actually a personal buy because I've wanted a set for YEARS but we were really strapped for $ and I remembered on my way home that I didn't already have a set because they were/are spendy. I say books that teach you everything from luthier-ing to animal husbandry are a decent investment though!

Listed a few items yesterday evening & got a message from eBay that I was getting close to my selling limits. First time I've run into this. Guess I'll be calling today to try to get those limits raised.

I have a buyer that does not have the funds to pay for the item. Now, they are being nice and responding and everything, so I thought I may just cancel the transaction instead of a NPB case. Do I get the final value fees back if I cancel the transaction?

I would open a case as your reputation is to important to risk by doing this wrong. After all the buyer made the mistake of bidding and "can't afford it " assuming they're telling you the truth.

Listed a few items yesterday evening & got a message from eBay that I was getting close to my selling limits. First time I've run into this. Guess I'll be calling today to try to get those limits raised.

Well done!

Ah sorry Diesel, didn't see you there. I've been doing almost all jewelry for the last few months, sometimes list some flatware (have some I should list) or housewares or knives. Sold a set of the Foxfire books #1-10 for $125 last month that I bought for a buck each from an estate sale lady who has grudgingly come to like me and cut me fairly outrageous deals. The books were actually a personal buy because I've wanted a set for YEARS but we were really strapped for $ and I remembered on my way home that I didn't already have a set because they were/are spendy. I say books that teach you everything from luthier-ing to animal husbandry are a decent investment though!

Nice job! Excellent buys!

If you cancel the transaction it will count as a defect against your seller ratings. The buyer has to request that you cancel the transaction.

If you cancel the transaction it will count as a defect against your seller ratings. The buyer has to request that you cancel the transaction.

Open a non payer case.

up to 72 sales.
Had someone buy something from me and message me saying he hopes I ship it quick as the last 5 orders he has done on ebay have been slow and he will start to raise a fuss.

Awesome. The guy lives in Alaska and orders from pretty much one of the farthest states from him and blames me for 5 other sellers' delays (or USPS)

Had another guy message me saying he wanted to buy a hat from me but it was too expensive. The hat already sold a few days ago.
It sold within a few days at 9.99 free shipping... can't get much cheaper than that without losing money... and it had plenty of views and sold quick. Why bother messaging me to say that?

Sometimes people make me wonder.... haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back