Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

Had another guy message me saying he wanted to buy a hat from me but it was too expensive. The hat already sold a few days ago.
It sold within a few days at 9.99 free shipping... can't get much cheaper than that without losing money... and it had plenty of views and sold quick. Why bother messaging me to say that?

Sometimes people make me wonder.... haha

There's always going to be a few of those. I had a guy upset that I started a real civil war photograph at a price I thought was fair. His quote was "when it doesn't sell can you sell it to me for less?" Needless to say, the item sold for twice my starting bid....

There's always going to be a few of those. I had a guy upset that I started a real civil war photograph at a price I thought was fair. His quote was "when it doesn't sell can you sell it to me for less?" Needless to say, the item sold for twice my starting bid....

That guy was obviously phishing for a deal hoping you didn't know what you had. Glad you did well on it!

Sent from a empty soda can!

up to 72 sales.
Had someone buy something from me and message me saying he hopes I ship it quick as the last 5 orders he has done on ebay have been slow and he will start to raise a fuss.

Awesome. The guy lives in Alaska and orders from pretty much one of the farthest states from him and blames me for 5 other sellers' delays (or USPS)

Had another guy message me saying he wanted to buy a hat from me but it was too expensive. The hat already sold a few days ago.
It sold within a few days at 9.99 free shipping... can't get much cheaper than that without losing money... and it had plenty of views and sold quick. Why bother messaging me to say that?

Sometimes people make me wonder.... haha

Probably drunk and needing to feel important! Lol

Yeah, right now. I can close it on the 22nd. Hopefully I won't hear anything from the guy.

Yeah he probably will just fade away. On to actual paying bidders now!

I'm going to list at least one later today. Soon the hours will start to slow and become predictable so I can really bump up my listings! I can't wait!

I've sold 47 so far this month & have 9 drafts ready to go for this evening. I like to have my auctions end on Saturday or Sunday evening so I save drafts throughout the week.

I'm trying to take advantage of my free 2500 Buy It Now listings from now till the 26th. I listed 7 today and 2 auction items that will start later. One item already sold within a couple hours. It was a Gordon's potato chip advertising thermometer for $29.99. I probably could have listed it for an extra $10, or maybe tacked on a shipping charge instead of giving free shipping. No big deal though, I probably only paid a dollar or two for it, I'm glad to see it go. I would have kept listing more but I forgot to charge my camera battery and I refuse to use my cell phone for eBay photos. So, I'll get some more photos taken after a while and do more listing tomorrow since I'm still in between jobs for the next week or so.

I've sold 47 so far this month & have 9 drafts ready to go for this evening. I like to have my auctions end on Saturday or Sunday evening so I save drafts throughout the week.

I just looked at one of your listings and in the description you sort of give permission to a buyer to be very slow paying you. I'm just wondering why?
f445624d48188ba526aabbfa7cfda4d1.jpg

I just looked at one of your listings and in the description you sort of give permission to a buyer to be very slow paying you. I'm just wondering why?
f445624d48188ba526aabbfa7cfda4d1.jpg

I can answer that since I used to use a similar statement. 4 days is the allotted time eBay gives a buyer to pay for an item before a seller can file a dispute against them for not paying.

I don't see this statement as giving permission for a slow payment. I see it as the opposite, as in you better pay me within the allotted 4 days or I will be opening a case against you for not paying. As for the latter part about if you need more time contact me before the 4 days is up, I would have no problem waiting a few extra days if needed for a payment, as long as someone communicates with me. It's the ones that don't, that I don't want to deal with.

Last edited:
I can answer that since I used to use a similar statement. 4 days is the allotted time eBay gives a buyer to pay for an item before a seller can file a dispute against them for not paying.

I don't see this statement as giving permission for a slow payment. I see it as the opposite, as in you better pay me within the allotted 4 days or I will be opening a case against you for not paying. As for the latter part about if you need more time contact me before the 4 days is up, I would have no problem waiting a few extra days if needed for a payment, as long as someone communicates with me. It's the ones that don't, that I don't want to deal with.

I can see your point, I too have waited extra time to get paid. Sometimes though I would rather sit on an item a little longer than to hope they pay. A slow paying bidder raises other concerns with how the rest of the transaction is going to go in my opinion though. Maybe he'll post his thoughts soon too.

I have my account set up where ebay automatically opens an unpaid item case. It's been so long since I set it up that I can't remember if that was the minimum amount of time or I pulled it out of thin air. In the past 11 months & 200+ transactions eBay has opened a case a couple times & I've had 2 people ask for more time. I feel like that statement diverts any hard feelings over a case being opened from me to eBay. I also like the fact that eBay does the leg work & it's a small part of the business that is dealt with exactly the same for every transaction without any effort on my part. I like having a clear payment deadline with a set response if I'm not paid. The second part lets people know I'm flexible as long as they communicate.

IMO it's important to have a policy in place for as many things as possible. Anything I can do to reduce the amount of time I have to spend implementing policies is a bonus. That 2nd paragraph is my terms & is on all my auctions. I keep that statement along with others in a file on my desktop. For example, I never end an auction early. If someone sends an offer on an auction I cut & paste my standard response to that request into a return message.

someone bought 2 Vintage tennis rackets but they are in Moscow?
the rackets would have been 30€ and the shipping would have been 50€+
I told them and they agreed to a refund - other then that ebay has been slow for me
because I'm concentrating more on AZ ... made 100€ on 5 sales today and looks like I will
make another 2 sales for the same item another 40€ .. got another 2 boxes ready to ship out to AZ warehouse in the next day or two

... at the same time I busting it on a construction site so I always come home and just want to sit ass
so that's where putting out the extra effort can payout and it's just up to me how much time and energy I can put into it...

Crazy weekend.... Almost 25 sales over the last 3 says! Not bad for slacking off on listing more than 1 a day over the last two weeks.
Free listing promo, I've got an extra 20 new items listed, which is nice (and well needed)

94 sales for FEB... 189 for the year :)

I listed 12 BIN items in the last 2 days, 5 of them have sold already. I have bids on 12 items at the moment out of 28 auction listings, 17 of them are ending tonight. 21 sales in the last 10 days.

I need some more listings. I wish they would run a promotion.

There is one now, but invitation only... So it will probably be a while until the next one unless they run them back to back or something.
Fixed price only, which is nice as it is a pain switching between auctions and fixed price, where most of mine are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back