Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

Oh yeah I've been hoarding jewelry for like the last five years too. And so we have planned to buy the house we rent from my parents so I have been unloading. Eh, also spent $5300 on jewelry in two weeks.

A lot of people want me to open the store but I have too many little kids. And so many things to do with them right now that I can't even imagine running/ owning a store. Plus I've seen three of the people I use on a consistent basis going out of business at the moment. I don't want to jump into a losing situation right off the bat. Safer to work from home.

My wife works with a lot of people too, they all know I buy. They are all ready to retire soon and know their kids want the stuff to pawn it. She tells them, sell it, go on a cruse! And the word spreads... Not all gold or jewelry, but that's what I look for!

If someone does have something that they're not willing to sell for my price I will throw the consignment thing out there and hopefully they say yes to it but I don't like doing it that much anymore.

I'm completely with you on not wanting a actual store. I actually think you will consistently get higher prices online and don't have the expenses and hassle of a real store. Last thing you want to do is lose your time with the kids.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

I'm completely with you on not wanting a actual store. I actually think you will consistently get higher prices online and don't have the expenses and hassle of a real store. Last thing you want to do is lose your time with the kids. Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Or get robbed! Or killed. There is A strip mall across the street from where I live and I was talking with another guy about putting a store there. Even the barbershop over there got robbed I didn't even know it! They said your an idiot if you put one over here. You'll be broken into the first day!

Yeah, I would definitely keep selling from home for right now BeachKid. I've not really got any more inventory DieselRam. I have found a few random things to list, but I'm still below 100 listings. I guess I'll keep looking. :thumbsup:

Or get robbed! Or killed. There is A strip mall across the street from where I live and I was talking with another guy about putting a store there. Even the barbershop over there got robbed I didn't even know it! They said your an idiot if you put one over here. You'll be broken into the first day!

I am sending you a pm.

Sold one and have countered two offers.

Picked up some watchers, but sold two and possibly three items on craigslist this weekend. Glad to be rid of them!

I've had 2 people say that they would call the next day and come and look at my craigslist stuff. Neither did. Glad your's has worked out.

I'm up to 58 auctions listed right now! Now, if only some of them would sell ...

Time for the monthly report. Sold 58 listings last month & met my dollar sales goal. I'm thinking I may have to raise my goal because I've beat it every month this year except January. Currently only have 86 listings. Hoping to bump that up over the 120 mark by the middle of the month.

I started a new eBay account and I'm still in the 15 item/$1500.00(after requesting increase last month) monthly limit! My probation ends June 28th and I should be able to request another increase.

I started a new eBay account and I'm still in the 15 item/$1500.00(after requesting increase last month) monthly limit! My probation ends June 28th and I should be able to request another increase.

So far that was the worst part about selling on ebay. Waiting for the restrictions to lift sucked.

Yeah, that and having no feedback was annoying. I felt like no one took me seriously.

I am having a yardsale Saturday, so I ended some junk and hope to get rid of it there. Then I have gotten in a lot of merchandise, so afterwards, it will be time to get it listed.

Yeah, that and having no feedback was annoying. I felt like no one took me seriously.

I am having a yardsale Saturday, so I ended some junk and hope to get rid of it there. Then I have gotten in a lot of merchandise, so afterwards, it will be time to get it listed.

Can't wait to see your new listings! I have had excellent luck with craigslist. It's great to dump large items that don't ship well!

I have had good luck in the past, just not recently. ??? It is kind of annoying when people say they'll be there, and then they don't show.

I have had good luck in the past, just not recently. ??? It is kind of annoying when people say they'll be there, and then they don't show.

I can understand that for sure. As far as them not showing up I can't explain that other than their attention spans are just that short! Lol

I picked up a old john Deere riding mower for free the other day. I have it all running and working good. I think I might list it on craigslist and throw some more cash with it and buy a new cub cadet hydrostatic mower.

Good job on that lawn mower, it should sell pretty quick. :thumbsup:

Looks like it's sold, guy is really excited and will be here early in the morning.
Here is a picture...
37fdffa818077b56388f0dc27175b3f2.jpg

Here is the new one I picked up this morning from Home Depot using a Lowes coupon for 10% off. Manager didn't like that, but that is their policy to take competitors coupons!
2b8fd8660a8443b43988b62ea2ba304b.jpg

That is a nice one DieselRam! 10% off was great! I'm sure the manger wasn't happy. :laughing7:

I did pretty good at the yardsale yesterday. I sold quite a bit of junk. I started with about 15 tackle boxes (empty) and worked my way down to 5.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back