Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

I need to list some more, but I need some more inventory. I think I'll dig around today and see what I can find.

Bassmaster, I have tons I can sell you! Lol. After saying I sold nothing, two sold before I went to bed. Yay.

I hit a milestone yesterday when I listed my 100th active listing. Seems like I was stuck at the 75-85 actives for a while. Every time it looked like I'd get over that number I'd sell several and/or not have time to list.

Listed 12 more tonight. Looking to do 8 more. All items over the last 4 days have been gold. Gonna get it all up, if I have 500 free listings may as well get 400 up then start doing some auctions. Christmas is coming! Haha. But I'm planning on a job here when the kids go back to school. After summer. So gotta get it up now. Maybe this is a better part time income.. For us.

mugsisme, do you have any fishing tackle? I got 2 tackle boxes today, 15 hardbaits, made 4 lots. I got those 4 up. Trying to push to get back above 100 listings, maybe 150. Congrats on the milestone trdrhdr! That would be great if you could go full time Beachkid. Let us know if you do.

Sold one small item this weekend. Better than nothing! Lol. Seems like my wife tells me something along those lines quite often! Lol

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

I listed 5 sold a bunch. One was a $25 lego set- went for $1250.00 shipped! Which I was really happy about... Until my wife goes yeah!!! hey now you can buy wood floors! Uh..... No (I want the epoxy floors instead)

image-234514077.jpg

I listed 5 sold a bunch. One was a $25 lego set- went for $1250.00 shipped! Which I was really happy about... Until my wife goes yeah!!! hey now you can buy wood floors! Uh..... No (I want the epoxy floors instead)

View attachment 1166473

Wow! What Lego set was it?

Statue of Liberty set. She told me she had someone interested in it the day before and she wanted $50. The lady told her that was too much and she was not interested. Then she told me you can have it for $25!! I was ready to pay her $50 I had no idea she was going to say $25! I also got 4 80% silver quarters and a half from Canada. Worn out almost dateless with it. All pre 1935 but rough. Went back two days later, spent $2300 on jewelry.

--- I want to buy the kids a water slide bounce house instead of wood floors...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371334058154

Long memorial day weekend pulled me back below 100 active listings. Between parties & kayaking I didn't get anything listed. Heading to the basement packing area to box up the 10 things that sold since Saturday evening.

I hit a milestone yesterday when I listed my 100th active listing. Seems like I was stuck at the 75-85 actives for a while. Every time it looked like I'd get over that number I'd sell several and/or not have time to list.

Congrats on the 100! I've been trying to get to 200 for a long time. I seem to be stuck between 160 and 180. However when I get that high I start to think I really don't need all this stuff so I'm going to auction if off. And will run 20 auctions. I keep telling myself I want 400 all time and then do auctions the rest of the month but I can't even get past 200.

Lol! You guys are showing me up! Well done, if I ever see that Lego set I'll definitely buy it!

Lol! You guys are showing me up! Well done, if I ever see that Lego set I'll definitely buy it! Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Yeah if I ever see another one I'll buy it too. Someone wrote me an email asking if I would take $350 for just the book. I said no thank you. Barf! For the book, wow!!

Yeah if I ever see another one I'll buy it too. Someone wrote me an email asking if I would take $350 for just the book. I said no thank you. Barf! For the book, wow!!

Hey, beachkid, are some of your items consignments?

That is great on that lego set Beachkid! I'll be looking for it too. I know right at nothing about legos.

That is great on that lego set Beachkid! I'll be looking for it too. I know right at nothing about legos.

How did you do finding more inventory?

Hey, beachkid, are some of your items consignments? Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

No they're not. I used to do that but I have stopped because people complain. It still says it on my eBay account though I'm not sure if I'll change it back or not. I get all my stuff from yard sales and estate sales.

And a couple thrift stores in town. I have some people that will call and sell stuff once in a while when they're cleaning out their house referrals or what not.

The Lego set was from a yard sale. I also went back and bought $2300 worth of jewelry the following Monday that she had but did not want to put out with all those people there so I made an appointment to go back.

No they're not. I used to do that but I have stopped because people complain. It still says it on my eBay account though I'm not sure if I'll change it back or not. I get all my stuff from yard sales and estate sales.

And a couple thrift stores in town. I have some people that will call and sell stuff once in a while when they're cleaning out their house referrals or what not.

The Lego set was from a yard sale. I also went back and bought $2300 worth of jewelry the following Monday that she had but did not want to put out with all those people there so I made an appointment to go back.

That's interesting. I was wondering because of your listing with a $8500 bin price. Sounds like your on a roll!

Oh yeah I've been hoarding jewelry for like the last five years too. And so we have planned to buy the house we rent from my parents so I have been unloading. Eh, also spent $5300 on jewelry in two weeks.

A lot of people want me to open the store but I have too many little kids. And so many things to do with them right now that I can't even imagine running/ owning a store. Plus I've seen three of the people I use on a consistent basis going out of business at the moment. I don't want to jump into a losing situation right off the bat. Safer to work from home.

My wife works with a lot of people too, they all know I buy. They are all ready to retire soon and know their kids want the stuff to pawn it. She tells them, sell it, go on a cruse! And the word spreads... Not all gold or jewelry, but that's what I look for!

If someone does have something that they're not willing to sell for my price I will throw the consignment thing out there and hopefully they say yes to it but I don't like doing it that much anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back