Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've some things not show up in tracking until they got delivered. I always get a little nervous too.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you GibH. Makes me feel a bit better! As I leave the packages on my front porch in the morning, I do worry a bit. I live in an okay neighborhood, but you never know.
apush

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the exact reason why I always bring my packages to the PO and always get a receipt.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the package just "showed" tracking--thank goodness! I agree Joe777cool. Sometimes my regular job just gets in the way! I work about 60+ hours a week and well, you know how it is. :) I cannot wait until I retire so I can hunt full time (my dream job).
apush

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know, it really pisses me off when I have to stand in line even though I have already paid just to get a receipt, but I don't want to take any chances. We put so much time and money into buying, listing, selling, packaging etc - it would a real shame to have an item disappear off a porch or get lost at a post office.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refuse to ever use USPS, in the last 5 years or so they have given me nothing but problems. Im waiting for the day it goes away. I would rather pay more to a private company to get that piece of mind

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
As an ebayer, I'm always concerned about arrival times of packages sent out and want to be sure they are trackable and delivered on time!
Lately I've had two deliveries to me lost forever! One other was held up in the usps sort center for ten weeks!
I ship with FedEx now and couldn't be more pleased with their service!
Best of luck!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an ebayer, I'm always concerned about arrival times of packages sent out and want to be sure they are trackable and delivered on time! Lately I've had two deliveries to me lost forever! One other was held up in the usps sort center for ten weeks! I ship with FedEx now and couldn't be more pleased with their service! Best of luck!

It happen to me with my Sons Christmas gift....USPS Delivered a box with a note that said " Contents Missing"....of course that was after it was held up for 3 weeks past its delivery date...I too only use Fed-Ex now, and its be a godsend...I have an account where i can save money and ALWAYS have free tracking

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know, it really pisses me off when I have to stand in line even though I have already paid just to get a receipt, but I don't want to take any chances. We put so much time and money into buying, listing, selling, packaging etc - it would a real shame to have an item disappear off a porch or get lost at a post office.
Lucky for me I live in a very rural area and my P.O. is never very busy. While they scan my items we talk about... Ebay and garage sales! 99.9% of the time I am perfectly happy with USPS. We live on a two track so the mailbox is 200 yards away, so if we get a package that won't fit in the box, our carrier will still come up to our house even though our road is private and not on USPS's delivery route.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Thats why packages will always come up missing and "Lost" because of the lowlifes they hire there at minimum wage

That's a pretty rotten thing to say, I know people who work/worked for USPS and they are far from it. I also employ many minimum wage people and they aren't lowlifes either so your awful generalization isn't true either way. We get it - you don't like USPS. Just keep in mind that the OP of this thread leaves packages on her porch waiting for the mailman (this isnt a shot at the op). There was also a thread a few days ago about people shipping expensive things without tracking/signature confirmation and the op said "its a good thing I'm honest." Right there are 2 ways for packages to get "lost" that USPS has no control over. Then you get people who hand write addresses that arent legible and people who don't pack things correctly.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get a notice from eBay that your item has shipped, that is not really true. It only means that the seller printed out your shipping label and posted the tracking info on the site. You will not get any actual updates until it is actually in the hands of the USPS. I have had a seller wait a week from the time he printed the shipping label to the time he actually dropped it off at the post office.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get a notice from eBay that your item has shipped, that is not really true. It only means that the seller printed out your shipping label and posted the tracking info on the site. You will not get any actual updates until it is actually in the hands of the USPS. I have had a seller wait a week from the time he printed the shipping label to the time he actually dropped it off at the post office.
True to a point but not entirely. I have dropped off packages before and they haven't been scanned until the next day when they hit the sort facility in Miami, which is the second stop on route to the addressee.

I've said it before , I'll say it again... for the amount of pieces handled on a daily basis, the USPS does one hell of a job. Nobody can beat their prices either.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty rotten thing to say, I know people who work/worked for USPS and they are far from it. I also employ many minimum wage people and they aren't lowlifes either so your awful generalization isn't true either way. We get it - you don't like USPS. Just keep in mind that the OP of this thread leaves packages on her porch waiting for the mailman (this isnt a shot at the op). There was also a thread a few days ago about people shipping expensive things without tracking/signature confirmation and the op said "its a good thing I'm honest." Right there are 2 ways for packages to get "lost" that USPS has no control over. Then you get people who hand write addresses that arent legible and people who don't pack things correctly.
I mean no disrepect to you or your freinds but I Stick with my original Statement...and yes...I dont like them, maybe when they start hiring more people that speak English and aren't on work release, my opinion might change. But here where I live..its been nothing but a nightmare. I can walk into any Post office around here and its almost a gurantee that the workers dont speak english very well, or someone will be messing around on thier phone most the time im standing in line...maybe its demographics....I knew people that worked for USPS as well, but it was many years ago, and things have changed alot since then.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean no disrepect to you or your freinds but I Stick with my original Statement...and yes...I dont like them, maybe when they start hiring more people that speak English and aren't on work release, my opinion might change. But here where I live..its been nothing but a nightmare. I can walk into any Post office around here and its almost a gurantee that the workers dont speak english very well, or someone will be messing around on thier phone most the time im standing in line...maybe its demographics....I knew people that worked for USPS as well, but it was many years ago, and things have changed alot since then.
I seriously doubt they are hiring people who are in a prison work release program to work inside a U.S. postal facility. There may be a "prison work crew" outside the facility picking up garbage or cutting brush or something, but not working as a postal employee, sorry it ain't happening.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dude.....you live in Texas.....almost 40% of the population is Hispanic.....in 5 years you WILL be part of the minority

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread