What's new

"Edge hunter" dumps...

Fredness

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
"Edge hunter" dumps...

Found some OBVIOUS dumps, figured I'd "edge search" them and drop them in a bag.
Once the $170 were opened, I grabbed handfuls at a time and date searched them.
Found a '66 and a '67!
One has a black rim but clean obv/rev.
The other HAS A CLAD looking rim! :headbang:

[Edit Speeling, add pic]
 

Attachments

  • Edge_Hunt.webp
    Edge_Hunt.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0
Re: "Edge hunter" dumps...

That's very interesting. Can't wait for the pics.
 
Re: "Edge hunter" dumps...

Fredness said:
Found some OBVIOUS dumps, figured I'd "edge search" then and drop then in a bag.
Once the $170 were opened, I grabbed handfuls at a time and date searched them.
Found a '66 and a '67!
One has a black rim but clean obv/rev.
The other HAS A CLAD looking rim! :headbang:
Can't get a good picture, but as soon as I do, I post it.

Black rims I always check. I wasn't until about 2 months ago that I ran across the clad looking rim. Those can easily be missed while rim searching.
Rich
 
Re: "Edge hunter" dumps...

Edit OP for speeling and removed the "pix soon" - picture added.
Came out better than I thought, 12MP and I cropped more than I reduced to keep the detail.
It REALLY looks good live...
 
Re: "Edge hunter" dumps...

I once was told by a teller "we've got halves but you won't find any silver ones because we watch for those and keep em" I got five rolls and they must have been edge hunters because I found 12 40%'s. They were really dirty and looked like clad from the edge like the photos in the original post but it definately is a "different" kind of look than real clad. I check anything that looks even remotely suspicious.
 
Re: "Edge hunter" dumps...

Lucky Jack said:
I once was told by a teller "we've got halves but you won't find any silver ones because we watch for those and keep em" I got five rolls and they must have been edge hunters because I found 12 40%'s. They were really dirty and looked like clad from the edge like the photos in the original post but it definately is a "different" kind of look than real clad. I check anything that looks even remotely suspicious.

It sounds to me that they didn't know that 1965-1970 were composed of 40% silver. Finding 12 would seem that they were only looking for 1964 and earlier.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: "Edge hunter" dumps...

I usually edge search, but always drop them in the bucket and listen. Have found three magician's coins this month using this method. Clad proofs will also be identifiable edge searching as there edge is wide and crisp.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom