Effective "short range" of LRLS

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Effective "short range" of LRL'S

As a first time poster on TN,I will stay netural on the whole LRL topic.However: To those who have used,or have had success with LRL'S can these things "detect" objects only a few feet away? What about searching demolished/torn down houses,abandoned property,etc? Thanks.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Effective "short range" of LRL'S

Good evening CZ: you posted-->can these things "detect" objects only a few feet away
If they work for you , of course. the same for the rest of your post. the very reason that you should try each one out personally.

Don Jose de La Mancha

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other

cz70pro said:
As a first time poster on TN,I will stay netural on the whole LRL topic.However: To those who have used,or have had success with LRL'S can these things "detect" objects only a few feet away? What about searching demolished/torn down houses,abandoned property,etc? Thanks.

cz,

First you need to understand to there are two MAJOR differences and not all LRLs are the same type.
I have explained it here more than twice and here goes again.

There are basically two types of LRLs. The all electronic units and the MFD type units.
The all electronic units feature a sensor element or any kind of receiveing element such as an antenna to identify the fields emanated by long time buried gold or noble metals such as silver, bronze, etc. Those metals when long time buried produce ionization and electric and magnetic fields with specific frequency and phase. These fields may have a span aperture in relation to the vertical axis of almost 180 deg in the case of gold which is the one that has the largest span. Then silver, bronze, and others next. Iron has only 10 to 15 deg of span.
That is why gold is the one metal that can be detected at the largest range.

I have been using these detectors for years in the field. I started using the Mineoro models and later after understanding the concept, I started building my own devices.
In this category falls devices built by Mineoro from Brazil and OKM from Germany among others.

Then we have the MFD type units which employ the concept of molecular frequency discrimination (MFD) that works on the principle of subatomic resonance and excitation of atoms at extremely low level employing magnetics and work on a swivel handle.
These devices aim to detect the element itself and not the field it produces when buried.
Tough it's not my intention to give all details on this aproach now, it generally works by tuning in ONE of the relevant resonant frequencies of an element as none element in the universe has only one frequency but several and several ones.
Depending on how relevant that frequency might be to identify that particular element with accuracy, the antenna swivels to align to the axis of emission and reception that is known by the name of 'signal line' once estabilished.
This aproach can also be used with simple rods conected to a transmitter unit. Rods by the way are the element to 'capture' this since they easily overcome the 'noise', something really troublesome for ordinary and standard electronic aproach.

Tough it's not so difficult building a MFD unit, there are several comercial manufacturers around such as Rangertell, Electroscope, Fitzgerald's, H3tec, etc.
I cannot speak for the other brands, but as I am also a user of a Rangertell Examiner, I can safely say that it's very easy to detect close targets.
I simply set some keys in the calculator which acts as the function generator and this limits the emission and reception range allowing the device's antenna only detect or react or swing to an element in the range choosen.

In the case of the all electronic units, the range and how close the device will detect or beep, depends on several factors such as size of target, how long it's been buried, intensity of fields depending on time of day, weather conditions, etc.
Small targets might be detected from 2 to 30 m or even more depending on conditions, whilst big targets of gold around 1 ton or more can be detected from several miles.

It's not so easy to be able to use the MFD swivel type units since you first need to gather precise balance as any minute move of hands will lead to false indications. Also since your body fields act as a 'trigger' mechanism for the magnetic field responses, any abnormal organic state, nervousness of health problems will interfere with detection at some level.

As an example of an all electronic unit in action, here is our great friend and LRL user Esteban, demonstrating the unit he built.
Here we see the device detecting from about 3 meters (10 feet), a small pile of silver coins buried more than 10 years in his backyard for testing purposes.
Download the files and watch the videos. Notice that not even a large steel or iron plate closeby is able to stop or avoid the emanation.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=100543&postcount=42

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.

Good post Hung. My intent with the LRLs is to get within a couple of feet. I like to stay back about 10 ft.

If you are serious, see if you can find someone close to you that has one and knows how to use it to help you. Sounds like you are already in detector range. There are detectors with good discrimination and depth that you may want to look at.

Get ready for the "haters" to comment. (people that can't use LRLs)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

The design of the LRL or MFD should be carefully researched..Indoors and outdoors is two different types of hunting…My Range Master and Prospector are almost useless in doors. They require a 15 foot long antenna to work properly. They also will not pick up items that are above them. At times they will pick up items thought the air but not consistently..
My Si-Go will work indoors and can be operated in a back pack using a 4 inch rod.. I have not done a lot of experiments with the RT indoors. It also has some problems with targets above the antenna..
One thing that should always be considered..These signal lines will go through walls, concrete, boulders, deep ravines and most anything I can think of..Also the range of these devices can also be a hindrance when indoors..Art

I have put this experiment on here a few times. Practice this at home…Make a set of L rods from metal coat hangers.. To make the L rods cut two hangers at the neck and straighten them. Make the handles 5" long and the long side 17"making sure that the handles are free of the old bends. Remember that these L Rods are not very sensitive but will react to a lot of different objects.
Take a walkie talkie and put it on channel 7…Place a gold target 10 foot from it. Have someone hold down the send button down with it on the floor and walk between it and the gold. The rods should react..Now try channel 1 with a silver target..Channel 1 will pick up silver be also may pick up aluminum….Art

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box

aarthrj3811 said:
The design of the LRL or MFD should be carefully researched..Indoors and outdoors is two different types of hunting…My Range Master and Prospector are almost useless in doors. They require a 15 foot long antenna to work properly. They also will not pick up items that are above them. At times they will pick up items thought the air but not consistently..
My Si-Go will work indoors and can be operated in a back pack using a 4 inch rod.. I have not done a lot of experiments with the RT indoors. It also has some problems with targets above the antenna..
One thing that should always be considered..These signal lines will go through walls, concrete, boulders, deep ravines and most anything I can think of..Also the range of these devices can also be a hindrance when indoors..Art

I have put this experiment on here a few times. Practice this at home…Make a set of L rods from metal coat hangers.. To make the L rods cut two hangers at the neck and straighten them. Make the handles 5" long and the long side 17"making sure that the handles are free of the old bends. Remember that these L Rods are not very sensitive but will react to a lot of different objects.
Take a walkie talkie and put it on channel 7…Place a gold target 10 foot from it. Have someone hold down the send button down with it on the floor and walk between it and the gold. The rods should react..Now try channel 1 with a silver target..Channel 1 will pick up silver be also may pick up aluminum….Art

Are you telling me with a Walmart walkie talkie I can replace a MFD and find gold? Probably, they're broadcasting the same RD signal to locate gold and silver.

Arch

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

Are you telling me with a Walmart walkie talkie I can replace a MFD and find gold? Probably, they're broadcasting the same RD signal to locate gold and silver.
No it will not replace an MFD..I put that on here for those that maybe thinking of buying a rod type device..It will find gold and silver but has short range and depth…I have also experimented with cell phones and calculators and found that they can also be used but produce a much weaker signal. Heck..i have also used a Dell knockoff and located gold with it..I did not like the rod setup…Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.

Many approaches produce a "lock" to gold. The problem is that other materials can be "locked" at the same time. The main difference in units is the amount of precision to eliminate unwanted targets.

I would suggest a "witness" or "bait" ( A piece of what you are looking for) and a L rod that works for you. This would likely be more accurate than a cheap device and cost very little. Working within 25 ft. of a target this should do fine.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

~architecad~
~Art~
No it will not replace an MFD..I put that on here for those that maybe thinking of buying a rod type device..It will find gold and silver but has short range and depth…I have also experimented with cell phones and calculators and found that they can also be used but produce a much weaker signal. Heck..i have also used a Dell knockoff and located gold with it..I did not like the rod setup…Art
~SWR~
Kinda whimsical, ain't it?
Ask them to "show you" and see how the story changes
Good to see that you still object to Treasure Hunters becoming “informed consumers”..Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used

If you need further instructions post back. It is so simple a skeptic could do it. Well,,,, maybe. Depends on which one.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

You are correct…Anybody can do the experiment except for the Skeptics..Must be to complicated for them..Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used

Wellll, insults , demands, CHALLENGES, the best part of the 10,001 Post Prediction.. Great job.

I really don't think anyone is interested in showing you anything. You may have run your course in here.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

I challenge you to SHOW ME that a walkie-talkie can emulate the same effects as a frequency generator.
Challenge all you want..I told the membership how to find out how the walkie talkies can be tested
Thank goodness that I a not a "skeptic", but an Electrical Engineer.
Can you prove those statements?

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

hung said:
There are basically two types of LRLs. The all electronic units and the MFD type units.
The all electronic units feature a sensor element or any kind of receiveing element such as an antenna to identify the fields emanated by long time buried gold or noble metals such as silver, bronze, etc. Those metals when long time buried produce ionization and electric and magnetic fields with specific frequency and phase. These fields may have a span aperture in relation to the vertical axis of almost 180 deg in the case of gold which is the one that has the largest span. Then silver, bronze, and others next. Iron has only 10 to 15 deg of span.

Then we have the MFD type units which employ the concept of molecular frequency discrimination (MFD) that works on the principle of subatomic resonance and excitation of atoms at extremely low level employing magnetics and work on a swivel handle.

And in your quest for 'neutrality', please be aware that none of these things have any basis in actual science.

Much like how L. Ron Hubbard bet another author he could create a religion that inspired great belief in some people, the LRL fraud has a whole host of 'credible sounding' principles that aren't scientific, but rather figments of the imagination of those who desperately want to believe that we can create a device that will find subterranean minerals from great distances.

I'll give a demonstration of how such a yarn is spun.

LRL is based on the principle of Conical Electromagnetic Wave Disruption (CEWD), whereby minerals that have been in the ground for a long period of time emit atmospheric waves that can be detected by employing a Magnetic Frequency Signal Emission (MFSE). This does not apply to newly buried minerals, as CEWD is largely a byproduct of the interplay between the soil surrounding the metals and the metals themselves. It takes a great deal of time for CEWD "proximity strata" to form around a metal, which is why newly buried metals cannot be found by LRL...

Depending on the rate of proximity strata, metals will emit CEWD to varying degrees of strength, but always on different frequencies, which a properly calibrated MFSE box can be calibrated to read.

Gold is in the 1400 msfe/z range and is pretty reliably found at that readout point, due to it having a less finite proximity strata, given how gold interrelates with soil. Thankfully, it emits strong MSFE on its own, due to the properties inherent to gold.

Silver, 1100-1300 msfe/z range (proximity strata strength depending. silver is much more sensitive to proximity strata)

You'll usually find lead in the 600-650 msfe/s range

I could continue, but you get the idea.
While to the uninitiated, that stuff 'sounds good', none of it is true. It's all 'credible sounding lies'.
Same goes for the 'principles' as promoted by LRL manufacturers, and as re-chanted by the poor souls who were swindled into buying one.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Good evening CZ: you posted-->can these things "detect" objects only a few feet away
If they work for you , of course. the same for the rest of your post. the very reason that you should try each one out personally.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Good news CZ. You put on your thinking cap before you opened your wallet. If there was such a device don't you think you would have heard about it as common knowledge? How about the theory of trying each one personally? LRL devices are commonly advertised to "work". Look at the retail cost of these things, figure out the return charges or whether you can return them, the profit margins when a box has $10 worth of materials in it and sells for hundreds, etc. It will not take long to see the pattern. Common themes run through the LRL market. It is based on belief systems, there is a lot of profit, if it doesn't work for you it's somehow always your fault, etc. Look at the common construction. A box with ligits and whistles and even LCD displays ultimately connectted to rods you hold in your hands that are no more effective than bent coat hangers. Why don't you ever see anyone using them in public? The bottom line is the people selling them are after your money. Once they have that it's all over. Let us know what you think.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

Real clear that the skeptics do not want to discuss the Effective "short range" use of LRL'S..
~cz70pro~
I have found Silver Dollars under the floor of two old logging shacks that had been burned. I own two units that are useless when a target is in the first 15 feet. I own two that are very good at short distances..You can set the unit up about fifty foot from the place you want to search. Find the signal line and mark it at two spots about 20 feet apart. Reset the unit to another site and triangulate. This will tell you if the signal is in the building or not..Then it is simple to follow the signal to the object..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread