El Cazador 8 Reale - Key West

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up in Key West about three months ago....

1793_obverse0001.jpg

1783_Reverse0001.jpg

1783_cover0001.jpg

May I ask how much you paid for it, grade 1 coins from mel fishers place are high priced.:icon_thumleft:

May I ask how much you paid for it, grade 1 coins from mel fishers place are high priced.:icon_thumleft:

It was an impulse buy when my wife and I went to Key West for the Memorial day week-end. In the back of my mind I knew about Mel and his hunting but when I walked into the store and seen that
piece I bought it immedately. Diver Down has been most helpful with the information for this coin and put my mind at ease. $299 out the door tax included. My grandkids will enjoy this coin
long after I am gone.

What is the grading system that is used for these type of coins. Is 1 a good grade, medium grade or bad grade?

What is the grading system that is used for these type of coins. Is 1 a good grade, medium grade or bad grade?

Grade 1 is the best. I've already chimed in another forum on the coin. From my experience with El Cazador coins, they don't get any better than this. Enjoy it and know that you have a coin with a pedigree that has literally changed the world. Be sure to let your grandchildren know of the history. Thanks for sharing in this forum as others on TNet might not have seen your other post.

Yes, that is a lot better than most. Nice coin.

shocked.gif
C
shocked.gif
o
shocked.gif
n
shocked.gif
g
shocked.gif
r
shocked.gif
a