El Naranjal

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Naranjal hasn't been found with the clues existent,then it must be somewhere else .no?

Now it just so happens that we have a closed up Gold mine in a deep canyon with a mesa up on top, that has orage colored Gold that was forced to close it during the revallution of tha early 1800"s It has orange trees, and a cave full of Gold Bars

In fact the Guayjiro indian, Benito, found it and kept it secret all his life, only removing enough gold to live comfortably. I made friends with him and he confirmed the story,

Whenever he left he was followed, but he son lost his trackers, He is now dead He did give me one important clue.

So do ya spose" It lies in one of the Tayopa barrancas,

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Naranjal hasn't been found with the clues existent,then it must be somewhere else .no? Now it just so happens that we have a closed up Gold mine in a deep canyon with a mesa up on top, that has orange colored Gold that was forced to close it during the revolution of the early 1800"s,and whose owner was a Spaniard. Coincidence ?? It has orange trees, and a cave full of Gold Bars. In fact the Guayjiro Indian, Benito, found it and kept it secret all his life, only removing enough gold to live comfortably. I made friends with him and he confirmed the story, When ever he left he was followed, but he soon lost his trackers, He is now dead He did give me one important clue. So do ya spose" It lies in one of the Tayopa barrancas, Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Naranjal hasn't been found with the clues existent,then it must be somewhere else .no?

Now it just so happens that we have a closed up Gold mine in a deep canyon with a mesa up on top, that has orange colored Gold that was forced to close it during the revolution of the early 1800"s,and whose owner was a Spaniard. Coincidence ??

It has orange trees, and a cave full of Gold Bars.

In fact the Guayjiro Indian, Benito, found it and kept it secret all his life, only removing enough gold to live comfortably. I made friends with him and he confirmed the story, When ever he left he was followed, but he soon lost his trackers, He is now dead

He did give me one important clue.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Ed a bit of Oirish nectar in yer coffee:

Nah, they are not the same, they iie approxinaty 2000 meters apart.

The suspected mine is to the west, almost on the Sonora Border which happens to be the crest of the Sierra Obscuro

While you are there enjoy one of the primitive Oranges.

Don Jose e La Mancha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Ed T wrote
As if my orange lead ore can be from El Naranjal...Shoot...If it really is...Do ya'll think that I'd be selling it so darned cheap Oh...I forgot...It is no longer for sale...You'd be surprised at what a person can buy at rock shops...hehehe

Have you looked into the mining history of Durango amigo? There are several lost mines in the mountains to hunt for, not to mention the long-abandoned but NOT lost ones, which have produced millions in silver and gold. I am sorry that I could not purchase your ore specimens, we are on a rather tight budget at the moment with a number of other things demanding money before I can spend on some ore specimens. I hope you will change your mind about selling a few pieces in the future though.

Real de Tayopa el Tropical Tramp wrote

Now it just so happens that we have a closed up Gold mine in a deep canyon with a mesa up on top, that has orange colored Gold that was forced to close it during the revolution of the early 1800"s,and whose owner was a Spaniard. Coincidence ??

It has orange trees, and a cave full of Gold Bars.

In fact the Guayjiro Indian, Benito, found it and kept it secret all his life, only removing enough gold to live comfortably. I made friends with him and he confirmed the story, When ever he left he was followed, but he soon lost his trackers, He is now dead

He did give me one important clue.

Speaking of Oirish coffee and stubborn mules - I have to point out that virtually all of the sources on El Naranjal place it in the border regions of Sinaloa/Durango, not far north in Tayopa country. Looks like a case of Tayopa 'funnel vision' striking again!

Ed T wrote
Shoot Don Jose...It almost seems that you are trying to tell us that El Naranjal and Tayopa jest may be one and the same...If so...I'll leave it up to ya'll to continue the search for the ever elusive Tayopa and El Naranjal...

I have decided to sneak on up to Reno one of these days and visit me a chicken ranch...hehehe Who knows... I jest may get lucky and find me a herkimer diamond...Or a nice sweet timid burro that I can take with me on an adventurous romp through the hills... LOL

Perhaps you did not notice it, but our amigo Don Jose the lover of mules, is no longer looking for Tayopa, as he found it and claimed it some time ago. Hence he does not go searching for it. He has not yet fully opened Tayopa, but what I have seen of the workings, there is little doubt that he has the right spot. Now as to El Naranjal, more in a moment.

Don Jose de la Mancha wrote
hi Ed a bit of Oirish nectar in yer coffee:

Nah, they are not the same, they lie approxinaty 2000 meters apart.

The suspected mine is to the west, almost on the Sonora Border which happens to be the crest of the Sierra Obscuro

While you are there enjoy one of the primitive Oranges.

I think this proposed El Naranjal-in-Chihuahua you are referring to, may well be a quite different mine; ran across a brief reference to a gold mine and hacienda that may be your site, have been trying to find that source again so as to post it for you. As to those half-wild oranges - sheesh you want to make us pucker up too? :happysmiley:

Don Jose el Dueno de Real de Tayopa wrote
+"AY Chihuahua," You keep mentioning Durango, while a beautiful state, it is not the home to El Naranjal, tis in Chihuhua

Something about you can lead s mule too water but --------

Hmm seems that most of us have a touch of that trouble don't we? :laughing7: :notworthy:

Ed T wrote
Well Don Jose...You know where your version of El Naranjal is located...And I know where my version is located, roughly at least...Like I mentioned earlier...I am not even quite certain that the location I visited is truly El Naranjal...The ore is not orange stained quartz as ya'll have seen... It is some dingy limestone...

After all...We all know that there is no way that my version of El Naranjal could be located in the Hermosillo area... Right

Or so I have been told...LOL

I sure hope that none of ya'll are kicking yourselves in ya'lls behinds for not buying any of my El Naranjal specimens when they were on the market... Who knows Maybe in a year or so I'll offer one again... But if I were ya'll... I would not hold my breath... For if I would do such a thing I would not be a man of my word... Didn't I make it perfectly clear that I would not offer them for sale on eBay again hehehe Oh well...Que Sera Sera...

If only I knew those hills as well as those I paid the thousand dollars too...Sigh...

Sorry about not being able to take advantage of your ore specimens offered for sale, explained above; as to not being a man of his word, it is only a sign of wisdom to be able and willing to change your mind after careful consideration of every aspect of things. On the other hand, if you NEVER plan to ever return to that mine, then it would be wise to hang onto your ore specimens since you won't be able to ever get any more.

I don't know if this was posted before, but a great book on the mines of northern Mexico (including Chihuahua, Durango, Sonora) is online (free) at
Border States of Mexico: Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua and Durango: With a ... - Leonidas Le Cenci Hamilton - Google Books

Don't let me interrupt you, please do continue; :thumbsup: Will try to pop in later this evening though.
Oroblanco

Maybe some strong black cowboy coffee would be in order here, rather than that er, um, shall we call it "flavored" Oirish kind?

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed, it makes no difference what we think, I am only sure on Tayopa. I mentioned the spanish Gold mine that is in a barranca near Tayopa & had Oranges growing nearby, and was closed up during the Juarez revolution.

A remaekable coincidence but a long ways from Durango, where I advised Oro to look on the northern drainage of the
San Lorenzo river. because of an Indian's report to me.
I have never looked for it nor am I looking for it now. You want it ?

You or Oro can put in your claim. A geochem kit should quickly lead you to the concealed enrty and the cave with the gold bars. Plus the clue for finding the cave.

I have given away the locations of La Tarasca,.Las Pimas, Las placers of Tepoca, but not La Glorea Pan . They are all free the last time I checked.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hey Oro...

I was doing a little reading... In regards to "The Northern Border States of Mexico"... On page 174...I believe it mentions La Arca... Could they possibly mean El Arco???

What are ya'lls thoughts???

Ed T

Could be. It would help if they had said "Juana del Arco" so there would not be a question. :dontknow:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Ed. Where?? tight here of course.

.Tayopa.jpg Jose

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it, you don't like our company Ed? :icon_scratch: ??? :dontknow:

Naranjal was named for William of Orange , Relative of Anna . William The Silent , AKA William la Silencia .1533-1584 hails from, Ruyhriega O Domhnail , first Earl of Tyrconnell Scottland . Ruidoso NM named after him . Juan Everado Nithard German , Juan Pedro Alvarado of Nochistian , Jesuit and favorite Priest of Joanna , Queen , had Don Juan Jose's friend killed, Malladis Sagarda ,Saguaro . 1540 Nithard was on the voyage up the west coast with Hernan Cortez, Orosco, Garcia , Candilo. Cabrillo , while disembarking off the ship in LOS ANGELS was killed when his horse stumbled and fell on him . this is where the CABALLO comes to Mind . A captain of another ship of that fleet was Ruy Lopez de Villalobos

Last edited:

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Naranjal was named for William of Orange , Relative of Anna . William The Silent , AKA William Silencia .1533-1584 hails from, Ruyhriega O Domhnail , first Earl of Tyrconnell Scottland . Ruidoso NM named after him . Juan Everado Nithard German Jesuit and favorite Priest of Joanna , Queen , had Don Juan Jose's friend killed, Malladis Sagarda ,Saguaro . Nithard was on the voyage up the west coast with Hernan Cortez, Orosco, Garcia , Candilo. Cabrillo , while disembarking off the ship in LOS ANGELS was killed when his horse stumbled and fell on him . this is where the CABALLO comes to Mind .

Prosecutor77-
I'd greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't mind elaborating please? I've always been under the assumption that the El Naranjal mine was named either a) because of the orange grove it was "supposedly" located in/near, or b) because of the deep orangish hue of the nuggets themselves.

Please understand, I am NOT saying you're wrong. Truth be told, it's typically that which we consider "common knowledge" that ends up being incorrect. I'm just curious as to what associates the mine with William of Orange besides simply their names.

Just looking for an education on the topic, that's all.
Thank you in advance!

All the best-
JA

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was of the House of Orange Nassau , Bahamas also was Aka Mauritas of Nassua , These Captains served in the Nethlands together , They also Had Orange Groves in Malaysia . in Jasin . Fly their on Googly Earth The Orange groves are still their today , top left GE type in Tayopack. Bhd. Jasin, Malaysia
Also with William was John Everado Nithard, or Juan Pedro Alvarardo . Evara - Vara , I take he was the Surveyer , he was probably from the Verdon region .

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, J.A.A has it . It was for the Orange trees planted there in the 1800;s, Most of the Gold of that region - Tayopa - also had quite a bit of copper in their ores, thus turning the Gold into a beautifful orangish color,

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, J.A.A has it . It was for the Orange trees planted there in the 1800;s, Most of the Gold of that region - Tayopa - also had quite a bit of copper in their ores, thus turning the Gold into a beautifful orangish color,
I found more info on William . Appears he is the one who brought smallpox to Mexico , He was Anglican , Phillip the II had him Assassinated by a man named Gerard .

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose , hope all is going well , wanted to ask a ? about San Luis Idelfonso , do you have any info on it , I found it is 2005 , very small workings , was owned by another Baca , the ore tested good , the gold there was orange also , and at Matape we had black and orange , but not the size of oranges
Keep grinding Don Jose . would love to buy any kind of specimens also . Just bought a nice Malachite from Millpias on ebay and missed some nice Azurites .

Last edited:

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prosecutor 77 SO I GUESS YOUR THE JURY >
Prosecutor77-
I'd greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't mind elaborating please? I've always been under the assumption that the El Naranjal mine was named either a) because of the orange grove it was "supposedly" located in/near, or b) because of the deep orangish hue of the nuggets themselves.

Please understand, I am NOT saying you're wrong. Truth be told, it's typically that which we consider "common knowledge" that ends up being incorrect. I'm just curious as to what associates the mine with William of Orange besides simply their names.

Just looking for an education on the topic, that's all.
Thank you in advance!

All the best-
JA

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Prosecutor 77 SO I GUESS YOUR THE JURY >

Prosoecter77-
I wasn't trying to act as a jury and theres no verdict on my part whatsoever. I hope you know I was not trying to question you in an accusatory way; as if to insinuate that you were wrong. You said that "Naranjal was named after William of Orange" and, unless I misread your post (which I've done before), it appeared you are/were insinuating that they're connected. I was simply asking you to explain this connection a bit further so we understood fully.

Truth be told, I'm still a little hazy on the exact connection between the two, outside of the name "similarities". In your follow-up posts, you've mentioned other countries and other historical people from other periods in time; you even mentioned something about an orange grove in India (I think). I'm sorry to say I'm still missing what one has to do with the other.

Did William (and others) seek & find metals in northern Mexico and become "big time" miners of the time?
Did he end up marrying an indigenous woman and remain a prominent individual in the region?
Did he side with locals during an uprising and become legendary figure to the Yaqui people?

I was just looking for the historical connection as to how it came about that the mine in northern Mexico was named after William of Orange. I guess I just wanted a little more clarity on the subject, that's all.

No offense was intended, I promise you. I enjoy the history of the area and was simply looking for a lesson!
Please do continue!

All the best-
JA

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
William the Orange , Served in the house of Hapsburg of the queen , Margaret of Parma , Governor of the Spanish Netherlands , of the house of Flanders, House of Hesse , this is where the Telluride gold name Hessite comes from , His cousin was Rene de Chalon , this is when William left the Netherland and formed the House of Orange Nassau, Bahamas, Was the Captain of the Maragrita , Also of the house of Palatinate , google this shows a map , shows a Rhine river, but this map is not of Germany , it is a map of Mexico . Just compare the rivers on this map of the Palaitnates to map of the Yaqui river country. Just google Alamos , there is good info on this and names the players , The Bohemians were in Alamos , Mexico , Most of these so called Spanish , were Germans , Bohemians , Itialians , Jews , Ethiopians, Mexico went from one group to another.
hope this helps and by the way this info comes from my family also , Sincerely Don Tomas Pablo Baca of the House of Hapsburg , House of Palatinates , Mines in my family Are the Josphine , Buena Madre ,Cristo Nino, Mororitz or Maurtis or Moris ,and the Panaha or Praha and the Conception, Platatinates . Egyptian Queen , the La Mina de la Ventana haven't found the name for it yet , Oro Negro , the Cresstone or Christian , All these mine are in Colorado
To answer your Question about the Indians , not sure on that one , the major revolt in Mexico started in 1641 , there may have been earlier ones , revolt in New Mexico was in 1680 .

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised that nobody has tried to keep this thread alive...I personally will continue to wonder IF I have actually been to El Naranjal...Who knows?I doubt I'll ever be able to return to said site...IF only I had the funds to continue my search...I know I have plenty of time...But my poor body has grown old...I don't think I could continue such a search...oh well...Someday someone may stumble upon the crescent carved upon a stone that is as high as a mule's belly and realize they are on the trail I once traveled...lol

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread