What's new

Elephant from the lake

baylorhall

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
899
Reaction score
154
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in shallow lake water. My guess is that it was attached to a boat or something, but I have no idea why someone would do that. Someone on the site said it might be a Hindu Ganesh. Any ideas about this find? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Elephant front.webp
    Elephant front.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 337
  • elephant back.webp
    elephant back.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 344
  • Elephant front.webp
    Elephant front.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 325
  • elephant back.webp
    elephant back.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 332
It looks vaguely hindu. I seem to remember hindu objects showing up near water after being buried in some ceremony. Anyone else remember that thread?
 
Upvote 0
ipsilateral said:
It looks vaguely hindu. I seem to remember hindu objects showing up near water after being buried in some ceremony. Anyone else remember that thread?

There was a post 2 or 3 years ago about finding elephant figures in the water?? Tony
 
Upvote 0
I am not able to search old posts. :(
Anyone want to send the link? :)
 
Upvote 0
I am not sure what I am going to do, but I don't want to keep it. Hope that doesn't offend anyone, but in my life there is only one true God, who can be found in the Bible. I don't need any other gods.
 
Upvote 0
Also not to offend anyone. The orange elephant doesn't look like the one's mentioned in the other posts. The orange one has a pedistal w/ what appear to be 2 holes for bolts or screws. Could have been Hindu religious symbol I guess but wouldn't bet on it.
Why not ask a Hindu? If religious ceremony is for the Sea or a river will a lake work? I don't know.
I wouldn't throw a cross I found in the lake back. I have no bad mojo from either idea. The Ol' Boy Upstairs knows what's in your heart no matter what name ya call Him.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom