What's new

Emerald????

jnicholes

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,828
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I was looking at rocks, and I found hexagonal parts of the rock that shined green when light was on them. I carefully extracted a piece, which was very tiny. In fact, it’s a flake.

To my surprise, when there was low light, it was kind of a reddish color, but when there was high light, it was green like an emerald.

I have no idea what it is. However, it is perfectly hexagonal. It also shines green when light is on it. When there is low lights, it’s kind of red.

Keep in mind, this was found INSIDE a rock.

Pictures. First, the low light. Second, the high light. Then, the suspected gem in comparison to my fingernail.

44FCC6E8-346C-400F-89C3-6A68DF0AADD9.webp

B5429E01-3099-4756-B93D-130800BB5623.webp

8477D9BF-6414-4D87-B4AA-E1719049B3B7.webp

Any idea what it is?

Jared
 
Odd...no question about it :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
show us the whole rock
 
Upvote 0
Here is a rock my buddy found on our claim.Quartz with Emerald mixed in.
 

Attachments

  • 20190501_150953.webp
    20190501_150953.webp
    300.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190423_112509.webp
    20190423_112509.webp
    377.8 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0
EAFF4749-2CF3-4A04-8A70-1BDC554E53A0.webp

DBA38BC2-79B3-4BDC-9E00-5929AC6FE290.webp

Here are two pieces of the rock I found it in.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom