What's new

Encampment finds, buckle,balls, ramrod guide and LC

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got out after 2 months, boy did it feel good.
Lots of musket balls, 40 between me and my friend.
Also this cool buckle. Anyone have a idea about it?
Never seen one like it. Also got 3 Tombac buttons.
Thanks for looking.
George ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456013916.828515.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456013932.331732.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456013947.067849.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456013957.151342.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456013969.503044.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456013981.255087.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456013994.674344.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456014006.824698.webp
 
Upvote 56
Looks like you had a great day relic hunting George. Nice to see you post again.
 
Great spot! Nice LC
 
Really nice hunt Vino. Great job!
 
Don't know which I am more impressed with...the finds or the fact that you remembered pics this time lol. Good finds George.
 
Nice finds George, sure wish I was going with you today. It looks like there is allot of that black gunk on your LC, I bet it will clean up over time. I can't wait to see what that lock looks like after you zap it. I love all the other finds too!
 
I was too tired last night after hunting all day to look, but I love flipping the pages of a book to try and ID stuff. It looks like maybe its a "Belt or shoulder strap buckle". - Collectors Illustrated Encyclopedia Of The American Revolution (Neumann) page 53. The shape and style are consistent, however it states that its brass and you mentioned that it might be a tombac.

IMG_20160221_073654.webp
 
Great finds george, I'm chomping at the bit to get out already!, sounds like a great site you hit
 
Awesome to see my buddy out again. Man I hope you pull a Rev War button out of there. That buckle is really interesting. Looks like our boy Brad is on it....WE LOVE BRAD
 
Nice group of Rev War relics George. Your marked Rev War button is coming.
 
very nice finds, I'd be back soon.
 
Killer day George!! I had a blast. There's nothing better then diggin with good friends and watching each other dig some nice relics.
 
I was too tired last night after hunting all day to look, but I love flipping the pages of a book to try and ID stuff. It looks like maybe its a "Belt or shoulder strap buckle". - Collectors Illustrated Encyclopedia Of The American Revolution (Neumann) page 53. The shape and style are consistent, however it states that its brass and you mentioned that it might be a tombac.

View attachment 1275351

Thanks Brad, you nailed it!
I was mistaken, it is brass, that hard green patina.
It cleaned up real easy that's why I thought Tombac.
 
Killer day George!! I had a blast. There's nothing better then diggin with good friends and watching each other dig some nice relics.

It's was a lot of fun,
Thanks for joining me.
 
Nice haul. I like that buckle. Looks early to me.
 
Hello Vino nice digs I really like the small lock.
Hh gl
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom